Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Spirit of Lords  (Read 44384 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »
I like the inventory menu.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
Your YouTube vids look good, real good...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
  • God cooked my dinner once again
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 2nd Place 2015 -  Christmas Award 2nd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 01:46:43 AM »
Hello Guys!!!

As we are working on inventory menu, equipping system so, we are planning to give a Dark magic or Dark spell system to Alucard rather than Soma's soul system like in our old Demo.
Dark spells system is can similar to Charlotte's spells or it can be like Spell tree. It's not decided yet that what would be more good

It would be grateful for us if you share your opinion about it ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 09:58:42 AM »
Go with a spell tree. That's never been done in CV history before and this project of your could be the first time a spell tree is used.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 02:35:05 AM »
A spell tree is much more interesting and fun.

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »
@X
@Shiroi Koumori

Thanks for your suggestions, We observed that Spell-Tree gonna much much difficult than an ordinary Spell system like in Cv PoR so we are planning to use normal Spell system 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »
A spell tree doesn't need to be difficult. In fact it can be very simplistic. Look around at other games that utilize spell trees and it should give you an idea.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
Sound nice....Ironically we too had similar ideas for alucard in one of our games POC,...and the use of black magic. I had already started a dark implode ball move which alucard can drawy up energy into and suck things into a black hole...similar and bascilaly the same thing as what is used in thor movie. We also had him using new id's..as well as maria, and annette. I am not sure if we'd keep annette as black magic..seeing how original she was going to be a gypsy.  Also i had concept ideas for dark matter(which would a triangular projectile..that shoots out beams of light randomly in a radious..devasting whatever lie in it's path. 

I dont mean to be intruding or rude...as obviously you have a great game wiht nice ideas so far Aurateam. I just dont want to have to throw out ideas by me and my team mates had for Purge of Chaos. Similar i have already sprited up heavy weaponry overhand attacks, samurai moves,familar id's,subscreen..and various things prepared for our game..though i didnt mention him..i was refering to him..as i mentioned secrets in the game..as unlockalbe.... I had even made a different set moves for overhand and samurai for esco's game.I think what i'll do is explain things better in a Purge of CHaos thread for ideas only(not the actual game...). This hopefully will clear things up as our im' sure our games will be totally differnte either way. My apologies..i feel that i have to be a bit more active and less passive on the forum about ideas...probalby not allowing much in the way for secrets... I've personal;ly seen alot of ideas..identicall at times to ours..in others games..and at times..it sorta kills what i wanted to do...then if i do do it..when i can finally get to it..i get called out for taking ideas..which i previously had a...it isnt exaclty fair to me... .hopefully you understand.. As i've said i'll post up a thread on POC and explain further..

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »
That's a good idea, Las. I also recommend PMing the Spirits of Lords guys to make sure everything's cool. Still, I don't think there should be any trouble, both of you seem to be doing your own thing and there's no evidence of any intentional plagiarism or anything like that at all. So I think we're all cool :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 11:46:08 PM »
Yeah recently i did talk with Aurateam..and mentioned my ideas on alucard and stuff like that and congradulat him on his game. He offered to help with SCV3..but could not get the engine to run. I have to try and cut down the size anyways..It should run..but it's sorta picky..I have one guy who may help convert it..that's sorta what i think i need at this rate. Im just chippin' away at what i can until i reach where i have to only code..if that comes up then it's off to learn gml code..for POC project(seeing how it'll be from scratch) then work my way back to SCV3 and eventually SCv which should be easy to finish). Sadly code help isnt easy to find and with limited internet i learn where i can. I understand others have their own projects going on and i respect that..it's just really tough on me when i see alot of my ideas incoroporated into others games..because they can reach plateu's in coding that i can't yet. keep in mind SCV3 isnt easy to deal with..It's obreck's engine..so i only know so much...it'd be better if i knew how to code ahead of time..before i came unto SCV3..sadly..i was just getting out of my last band and lost my job.I had no idea so many fan games get shelved..yikes. So it's been a bit tough to push for that game..but i wont give up..neither with this project or SCV. Oh the ideas just flow like a river in my head. If only now i could code and code well..

But yeah thank's fro the support their Gunlord..i was actually writing up more of a list and will post that thread soon. I may include sprites but with the recent plagarism issues..im not sure..I am going to post who did what sprites on our project if i do..so everyone knows we did it even if it ends up in another project. At any rate...I'm tuning out for the night! I'll tty guys tommorow.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 01:07:32 AM »
That's a good idea, Las. I also recommend PMing the Spirits of Lords guys to make sure everything's cool. Still, I don't think there should be any trouble, both of you seem to be doing your own thing and there's no evidence of any intentional plagiarism or anything like that at all. So I think we're all cool :)

I never understood this. Games borrow mechanics and concepts from each other all the time, it's hardly plagiarism.

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »
We want to say thanks to all of you who is supporting us
and wish you best of luck Las for your game we hope you will get a coder/programmer soon  :)
We know developing a game is not an easy job.
There are many people who is giving their best to us, Jop and Drameloch Cruz they both helping us in sprite, they made Alucard's Spear attacking sprite and many more. Now Alucard can use a standard whip and spear attack

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 03:32:44 PM »
That's cool..yeah thanks for understanding. I will post up a thread to show our ideas that will obviosuly be differnt than yours. I just think it is wise for me to at the very least post up the ideas..so i dont run into trouble later on.  I am less concerned with someone stealing art i post than getting to an idea on something before i do..because everyone knows if someone takes anothers artwork..anyone can do that..But it's the innovative side of someoen that peopel take interest in. How original a game concept or design is. And yeah i agree i dont like plagarism..so i am trying to take every step i can to avoid any drama on the forum. Also progamming games i'm sure isnt easy..i've certaingly got a long way to go myself in terms of learning..i would love to find a programmer who likes the ideas we have..and i'm willng to make some sacrifices in terms of compromise..but again..i think too it's best we finish up what we can on SCV3 and SCV before pushign full speed on POC ideas. SCV3 and SCV arent far from being complete other than coding. So that maybe can be relied on by another coder or i can come back to coding them once i've learned enough.  But thanks for the support guys..much appreciated!

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
Hey Guys!
Check our some new updates on Equipping Menu, We added a rectangular box that shows name, icon, element, state increasing

(click to show/hide)

Thanks to Julián Ordoñez Paz (Jop) and Drameloch Cruz for making some new icons of weapon
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:17:12 AM by AurA TEam »

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »
Hello There !
We are giving Sub-weapons in our game, some different sub-weapon such as Boomerang (MoF),Electric Bomb (MoF) and many more
here's some screenshots

Tags:

anything