Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045428 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2055 on: June 12, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »
On a lighter note - who the hell thought that just a couple years ago that IGA would raise one of the highest-funded Kickstarters ever? Man, this was one of the most exciting and unexpected Kickstarter campaigns ever, and IGA stayed humble throughout! Also the bit where Ben Judd talked about the guys who bonded over Symphony of the Night and then immortalizing their deceased friend by making him one of the portraits in game was pretty touching. One of the guys in the Kickstarter discussions is also immortalizing their cat that they had to put down by making them one of the enemies you'll face. That's pretty cool.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2056 on: June 12, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »

Offline BalancedHydra

• Hunter in Training
  • Picture a Hydra on a tight rope.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2057 on: June 12, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
+1
Before I head to Pillowvania...

We did it guys. Iga-sempai, the rest is up to you.

G'night folks.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2058 on: June 12, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »
+4
Yeah hero, that story Judd told was really touching. He was exactly right when he said it was proof of how much IGA had influenced people. The deceased person's friends might never forget him, and now the rest of the world won't either. He'll live on, in a small way, within a game enjoyed by tens of thousands of people--at least, given how even more will buy it when it comes out!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2059 on: June 12, 2015, 09:20:02 PM »
+5
It's been a ride folks.

Now it's time for the hardest part.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2060 on: June 12, 2015, 09:32:11 PM »
What I'm really loving about this campaign is that we are getting multiple games in one.

#1 The Igavania game
#2 the Classicvania game
#3 The Roguevania game
#4 The prequel game and
#5 The Boss game.

We're getting pretty spoiled.
I think you're missing a game.  I imagine the online challenge mode would be rather like Harmony of Despair. 

If this were Konami, these would all be separate games and people would be complaining about reused assetts.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 06:35:58 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #2061 on: June 12, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »
Wow, I look away for a day, and everything gets completely destroyed, holy cow, haha

I'm really enjoying the fact that I can have bloodstained mini on my 3DS.

Offline Thy Gory Rory

• Hunter in Training
  • ...I'm holding my sausage hostage!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2062 on: June 12, 2015, 09:49:23 PM »
I'm going to be so broke this upcoming week because I initially was only going to spend $60 but over the last few days I realized the $100 backer's spot was too appetizing. I've never funded anything on kickstarter before but I know this is going to be too good of a masterpiece. (Plus I wanted a reason to live and see 2017 after a bad breakup with my longtime girlfriend, ha ha!)

Offline chrisy06

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2063 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
holy shyt it's really happening

5.5 mil and all dat

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2064 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
I'm sure it's been noted in this massive thread already, but I think a big part of what made this campaign so successful is the inclusion of a physical copy of the game. MN9 is getting a retail release after the fact and there are already KS backers lamenting this. Having physical tiers really reaches out to those old-fashioned like myself who love a good product and are willing to pay more for one than go download-only. It was a smart move.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2065 on: June 12, 2015, 10:36:01 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS IGA !! All stretch goal achieved what I had never in my life believed. So incredibly amazing good fight fight well when given. Exciting forward now- THANK YOU!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1262600

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2066 on: June 12, 2015, 10:40:30 PM »
OMG! Chrisy is here too! :D :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2067 on: June 12, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
+1
I-IGA-SAN! SORRY I LOST MY FAITH IN YOU! I WAS LOST IN MYSELF IN LUST FOR MORE CASTLEVANIA! I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT THE NAME. BUT NO! IT WAS ABOUT WHO WAS THE MAN BEHIND THE GAME! FORGIVE ME FOR DISBELIEVING IN YOU! I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO CASTLEVANIA! CASTLEVANIA WAS GONE AFTER YOU WERE GONE! TAKE MY $60! TAKE MY $60!!! KUMENASAI!!!!!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2068 on: June 12, 2015, 10:58:20 PM »
Hooray!!!! Congrats everyone!

And now we wait.  :D

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2069 on: June 12, 2015, 11:05:51 PM »
I had to upgrade to the $150 tier in the 11th hour. Still wish I had the money for the $300 one (or the $500 one!)

This wait is going to be agonizing. Can't wait to see what IGA's team can come up with from all of this backing. If he could make fun games with a shoestring budget, I can only imagine how Bloodstained will turn out...

...still absolutely mind-blowing how successful this thing has been. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything