Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045454 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #2685 on: July 05, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
Update 41: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1616136

;D ;D ;D

so a live playthrough on July 10.   would they spoil much of the castle before release?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2686 on: July 06, 2016, 03:33:57 AM »
so a live playthrough on July 10.   would they spoil much of the castle before release?

I think it will just be the demo. Or a more polished form of the demo (the full stage 1 perhaps?).

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2687 on: July 07, 2016, 08:02:17 PM »
Cursed Orphan doesn't really bother me...in fact I kinda like it.  I haven't actually listened to the tracks though so...I should go do that.
I don't dislike Cursed Orphan, but it sounds more like something out of an action horror anime series than specifically the CV series. At least it does to me.

I do hope Yamane experiments a little more with different styles. I pull references to SotN, where every track sounds unique from every other track. Now, it's like she feels compelled to set every song to a dance track/beat. I hope I'm wrong, and we get another OST with songs in the same vein as these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76GKchURdVo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zufg6phdrY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JIuBGbCZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLUZ9MKSZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhIf_zV6yK0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot3M8D984PU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSiZozFSWCQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5-cvtioME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f66hvqFhPLU

This was back in 1997, yet had synth quality that almost sounds like real instruments(at least I don't think they are real, though I could be wrong, as the guitars rip). Same year that FFVII came out, which despite having memorable music, had synths that (when compared to SotN) sound like people are playing them with farts and kazoos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sb9ToVRU3Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-035lzG_m0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb5aGAUYYUc
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:10:56 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2688 on: July 07, 2016, 10:14:25 PM »
Well Yamane didn't compose all the tunes for SotN which is why we hear such a variety of melodies (I could be wrong though). I think games could benefit from multiple composers as that would bring all kinds of unique talent to the product.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2689 on: July 08, 2016, 07:41:51 AM »
Well Yamane didn't compose all the tunes for SotN which is why we hear such a variety of melodies (I could be wrong though). I think games could benefit from multiple composers as that would bring all kinds of unique talent to the product.

The whole OST is written by Yamane with the exception of "I am the Wind".
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2690 on: July 08, 2016, 09:26:10 AM »
The whole OST is written by Yamane with the exception of "I am the Wind".

*chuckle* Yeah I can't see her composing that song.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2691 on: July 08, 2016, 02:13:24 PM »
Alot of composers feel that from time to time. You can only compose so many tracks with a certain perimeters until the composers themselves become tired of producing those kinds of tracks. Now, after more than eight castlevania games composing over a hundred tracks, would you expect her to make something super new in an IGAvania title? Maybe having more composers is a good idea. Yes, you do get alot of variety but also Michiru has a certain Michiru Yamane Original theme to it, I used to doubt her abilities that she couldn't go beyond her musical scope but hot damn, she proved me wrong in Skull Girls. So far Michiru's tracks in this is pretty good, but it has that cliche Animu Michiru Yamane generic-ness to it. I hope she steps it up a little.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2692 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:06 AM »
Definitely DON'T see them changing the floaty feeling of the game. It feels just like SOTN, having been playing SOTN when I got the demo i was immediately in love with the same type of vibe I have when playing as Alucard. It seems INTENTIONAL that it feels that way, and even Romscout who spends hours upon hours upon hours on these games commented on how perfect Miriam feels.

In terms of the music I do feel as though it's got a mid tier feel to it, and I hope the music really branches out like it did on SOTN. SOTN had a very diversity in style and mood. My two soundtracks that I hope she allows to influence her is her SOTN and Lament of Innocence.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2693 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »
yes the floatyness is done right and does help with platforming, direction switching, and other things.  it does have IGAvania quality gravity to it.  people shouldn't act like it's Metroid, because Samus is definitely floatier than Miriam.

Surely the backers are reminding them to add a healthy supply of whips across the playthrough.   

there's still several months before release, not sure how they are gonna reveal more without spoiling the castle.
exploration is a large part of the games. 
back then, people really didn't know a flip what was around the next corner playing PS1 Castlevania game.

maybe they could do weapon and enemy demonstrations instead using the ship level.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2694 on: July 26, 2016, 07:18:06 PM »
+1
it will be interesting how the castle starts, maybe it starts really dark, would be cool to have some light mechanic when exploring, you know kind of like the start of SOTN, but much deeper kind of like Super Metroid when everything is dark and silent until you search deep enough before signs of life show up in the earlier rooms, could have really spooky start.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2695 on: July 27, 2016, 12:59:06 AM »
If I were IGA, I would start it like SOTN. He was proud of programming that dark to light scene change at the beginning.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2696 on: July 27, 2016, 09:51:26 AM »
it will be interesting how the castle starts, maybe it starts really dark, would be cool to have some light mechanic when exploring, you know kind of like the start of SOTN, but much deeper kind of like Super Metroid when everything is dark and silent until you search deep enough before signs of life show up in the earlier rooms, could have really spooky start.

This would be awesome! Super Metroid did a lot of things other games did not. SotN's dark intro might have been slightly borrowed from SM but not to the full effect it could have used in order to get that spooky atmosphere.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2697 on: July 27, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
This would be awesome! Super Metroid did a lot of things other games did not. SotN's dark intro might have been slightly borrowed from SM but not to the full effect it could have used in order to get that spooky atmosphere.

I can see an intro that turns the castle drawbridge scene on its head where perhaps the drawbridge smashes and the player tunnels through a few poorly lit underground catacombs to emerge into the castle.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2698 on: July 28, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »
Ooh!  I like the idea of a creepy Super Metroid style intro!  I remember when I played SM for the first time and there were no enemies, I kept thinking something like, "What the heck?  Where is...?  Something's going to jump out any second now, I know it... Hey wait, this is just like the section in the NES game... OH NO!  THERE'S GONNA BE METROIDS RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!"

I don't know what kind of past-era IGA could reference in this though since it's not actually Castlevania.  A creepy intro would be super awesome though!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:12:03 AM by theANdROId »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2699 on: August 08, 2016, 02:20:43 PM »
New update!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1646772

And we see some weapons in action, and of course, the whip!

Tags:

anything