Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045872 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1695 on: June 05, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
hope we get the mini-game.  i'd like to see this franchise become a series sooner than later.  hope it gets a "Bloodstained:  Subtitle" title, rather than a "Bloodstained:  Ritual of the Night - Subsubtitle" name.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:33:59 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1696 on: June 05, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
It's a shame that a third playable character is so high on the goals...I really just want a "not alucard" type of character to be playable in this.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1697 on: June 05, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »
I don't expect we'll make all the stretch goals at this point, seeing as only have six days to go, but I do hope the final stretch goal is revealed. I'm just curious to see what it is! Haha.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1698 on: June 05, 2015, 09:38:43 PM »
We need just about 1 million bucks to get the prequel...that's hoping for a lot. Unless there's a huge surge of enthusiasm in the waning days, 4m alone would be lucky.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1699 on: June 05, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
+2
I expect the final stretch goal to be a gritty Bloodstained reboot outsourced to Mercurysteam.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1700 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:02 AM »
And if it doesn't then what?

You don't want to find out.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1701 on: June 06, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »
Nooo no more Mercury Steam.....    Anyway PS Vita is reached amazing so amazing...

I hope for sure we know the ast strench goal is or sure this kickstarter is most exciting for me.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1702 on: June 06, 2015, 12:46:31 AM »
Sadly I'm rather skeptical they can make it to 5mil even though Kickstarters usually ramp up near the end, but a few more stretch goals should be able to be met.

Plus I'm really not sure what they could offer at 5mil that would be realistic but also enticing to a wide variety of the people interested in the game. I get the feeling something like a level editor is just my dream and most people wouldn't care; also I tend to forget that a level editor for a 2.5D game is much more problematic and complex than one for a purely 2D game, which is a far simpler affair. Offering 2D art even at 5mil simply wouldn't be realistic especially given they've committed to 2.5D.

I was hoping one of the goals would be to bring some ex-Konami devs from the GBA or DS games that IGA knew on board, but I doubt that would excite too many people, and it looks like it isn't happening. The vast majority of people don't know much about the people who worked on those games besides IGA, but they had an impact in making those games what they were.

Also I'm a little worried about the mini-game, as a mini-game by its nature -- if it's of the same genre as the real game -- is going to tend to be less impressive than the final product and the exploration would definitely be gimped by the small scope. If that results, it may harm the sales of the final product. If it isn't similar in design to the final product though it could give people the wrong idea about said final product and harm sales that way. It's definitely not something I would've come up with for sure.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1703 on: June 06, 2015, 01:24:29 AM »
+1
I'm interested in the mini game for portables.

And this: Lol. I wonder what cheat code they'd assign us.
 "...each Credits Clan will be given a cheat code to enable fun modifications -- custom masks, weapons, and other kinds of accessories."

Mega64's video is funny! And I still have a Nokia 3310 (silver).

Aha! So this is the result of their response to my question on tumblr.
A: Yeah! We just weren’t expecting such mind-blowing artisan crafts, so now that you guys have risen above and beyond the call of duty, we’ll find a place for it. Thank you so much everyone for such loving artwork and crafts, the game design team really does get a lot of motivation from seeing these! You are their fuel ♡
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:44:22 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1704 on: June 06, 2015, 03:34:24 AM »
Found this on the Bloodstained tumblr:
So those runes on Miriam's tattoo actually spell something.
Source:http://eirikrjs.tumblr.com/post/120735761087/ovaltine-stained

Thanks, I was trying to decipher it for a while.

Enjoyed the mega 64 skit  :)

It's not that bad maybe not the biggest update but it's better than nothing  :)

Also I love this picture
A smile a day keeps grimy sadness away.

Johannes is even more suspicious in this photo, he isn't even smiling :P

Also, someone knows what a "Pyrite Coin" is? This would help us to discover what this bonus stretch goal is...
edit: okay, it seems that pyrite is fools gold, so its a fake coin? This can mean a fake castle too right? Or maybe $100+ backers will receive a pyrite coin as a gift? lol
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:38:44 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1705 on: June 06, 2015, 04:21:18 AM »
Anyone else notice that it appears to be Gebel in green and Johannes in red, whereas later it's the other way around?  Definitely seems suspect.  I thought it was other way around at first in the new pic.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1706 on: June 06, 2015, 04:37:40 AM »
+1
Actually, left is Gebel and right is Johannes. They decided to give Gebel glasses for some reason.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1707 on: June 06, 2015, 04:41:25 AM »
They just look like Johannes' glasses oddly enough in style.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1708 on: June 06, 2015, 07:12:03 AM »
Sadly I'm rather skeptical they can make it to 5mil even though Kickstarters usually ramp up near the end, but a few more stretch goals should be able to be met.

Plus I'm really not sure what they could offer at 5mil that would be realistic but also enticing to a wide variety of the people interested in the game. I get the feeling something like a level editor is just my dream and most people wouldn't care; also I tend to forget that a level editor for a 2.5D game is much more problematic and complex than one for a purely 2D game, which is a far simpler affair. Offering 2D art even at 5mil simply wouldn't be realistic especially given they've committed to 2.5D.

I was hoping one of the goals would be to bring some ex-Konami devs from the GBA or DS games that IGA knew on board, but I doubt that would excite too many people, and it looks like it isn't happening. The vast majority of people don't know much about the people who worked on those games besides IGA, but they had an impact in making those games what they were.

Also I'm a little worried about the mini-game, as a mini-game by its nature -- if it's of the same genre as the real game -- is going to tend to be less impressive than the final product and the exploration would definitely be gimped by the small scope. If that results, it may harm the sales of the final product. If it isn't similar in design to the final product though it could give people the wrong idea about said final product and harm sales that way. It's definitely not something I would've come up with for sure.

Pointless worry: MN9 had a small game (Mighty Gunvolt), for 3DS. It's REALLY small, seriously.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1709 on: June 06, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
I'm going put down $100 now that vita carts have been confirmed :)

Tags:

anything