Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So what do you think about the recent flood of collaborations?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: So what do you think about the recent flood of collaborations?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2024, 03:12:39 AM »
A lot of current anime have weird/useless collaborations in Japan and that's fine by me. It satiates the fans and give stuff for the hard core ones to do (like collecting those coasters/ whatever that they give out in collaboration cafes).
If the vania collabs brings in the money, I just hope Konami puts it in developing something new.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: So what do you think about the recent flood of collaborations?
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2024, 06:09:13 PM »
I can't say I'm bothered by these cross overs.

On the other hand I feel like I'll finish my own Castlevania fan remake before the next true installment of the series is released.

In the mean time I've kept my addiction at bay by replaying the old games, trying out every romhack I can find, and searching out similarly flavored indie titles.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: