Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?  (Read 44187 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
I think you mean 20th anniversary  ;D
Yeah  :D
God, i'm getting old  :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:15 AM »
Wow. I didn't realize SotN was that old. Maybe more so because the same graphical style is still in use today with the DS titles.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2011, 09:25:45 AM »
2011 - 1997 = 14th anniversary 

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »
You know what would be an interesting idea for a 3D game?  A sidestory game with Julius's exorcism business, either while he had amnesia or in between Aria and Dawn of Sorrow.  Travelling the world, fighting monsters, completing missions, and being an AWESOME OLD DUDE.

Hell yeah.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »
I heard they lost some artwork from Simon's Quest during an earthquake but I don't know if it was something we have never seen before.   

Yeah, this one ate pieces of CV history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hanshin_earthquake

I wonder if along with that went the names of the artists responsible for cartridge and box art. For example, I would like to know who painted the cover of Castlevania.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2011, 12:13:45 PM »
I'm by no means an expert on this, but I know for a fact that the boxcover artwork for CVIV --which is very similair to the NES covers-- was done by a guy named Stephen Poole or something along those lines. My guess is as good as any, but I think he is the one responsible for it.     

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
I want a box that contains a compilation of the games, a decent majority of them, an art book, but one with concepts would be nice and one that's better than the 20th anniversary, a cd wouldn't be bad, but I think unncessisary, and maybe something fun like a toy or figurine/ statue type thing. All in one fancy box for each console out....

unfortunately we probably won't get anything, but a man can dream...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
Looks like Konami's busy working on NGP games.  Maybe we'll get one for an anniversary?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/05/konami-hard-at-work-on-ngp-titles/

Man, I've been spoiled with the console games lately, and don't really wanna go back to handhelds...  (or buy any of the new handhelds, not after i just completed this generations set of consoles)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:55 PM »
Here's hoping the NGP is somewhat cheap if there's a worthwhile Castlevania on it.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
no 3D gameplay, please

Offline Neflyte

• Castlevania Tour Guide
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »
A box set with the first 3 nes titles, SCV4, and Rondo done similar to the way Capcom did the Megaman Anniversary Collection. Remixes, new and old art, and a couple of grammar and spelling fixes here and there. 

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »
A box set with the first 3 nes titles, SCV4, and Rondo done similar to the way Capcom did the Megaman Anniversary Collection. Remixes, new and old art, and a couple of grammar and spelling fixes here and there. 

Oh man... At least in the "hints" the Select menu gave you in the Megaman Collection, there was anything but grammar fixes. Soooo much hilarious Engrish. There was tons of value in that collection, but the emulation needed a lot of work.

I can get behind that idea though. I'd just say throw as many roms of as many games as possible on there, rather than stopping at Rondo though.

Tags: