Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?  (Read 45117 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
I'd like a big encyclopedia of Castlevania to be made.  Give us official names for all those nameless enemies for one thing (which is always a fun thing to debate on the Castlevania Wiki).

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
I'd like a big encyclopedia of Castlevania to be made.  Give us official names for all those nameless enemies for one thing (which is always a fun thing to debate on the Castlevania Wiki).

that would be phenomenal
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 04:01:04 AM »
Something akin to the Book of Lost Memories would be pretty sweet.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:50 AM »
This. And I understand why, Reinhart! :p

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 01:13:34 PM »

This would be cool. Something like the Mega Man Complete Works book; with all the official artwork they can gather, nicely scanned and with comments and whatnot. I'd buy it.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »
Didnt they lose a lot of old artwork during one of them old earthquakes?

Also, mind that sometimes there isnt artwork. Megaman games past 6 had FAR less actual artwork made of enemies, unlike older games, and 8 had NO enemy art, only boss artwork.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:25 AM »
I heard they lost some artwork from Simon's Quest during an earthquake but I don't know if it was something we have never seen before.   

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:18 AM »
This would be cool. Something like the Mega Man Complete Works book; with all the official artwork they can gather, nicely scanned and with comments and whatnot. I'd buy it.

Konami could always release it for free for those who purchased LoS, kinda like what they did with the Metal Gear Solid 4 Database on PSN. Still, I guess I'd buy it.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »
If I was Konami, I'd sit back and do absolutely nothing.  Really. : )

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
Then I am very thankful, that you're not them.
Should they choose to do nothing though, more money I get to keep.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:59 AM »
To be honest, there had been released 3 encyclopedias untill now, even if no one of them was officially licensed by Konami.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »
Well, actually, I'm so strange that I'd probably do something incredibly huge on the 27th anniversary and do nothing on the 25th.  For the 25th, I'd probably just troll all the fans by making a big announcement that a huge surprise is coming and then not deliver on the surprise or ever mention anything about it ever again.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:13:12 AM by Blue Successor »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
Yeah, kinda like a bad troll, but worse.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »
Lol, what?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
I'm not a troll.  I've been called an ogre, but I'm definitely not a troll. :x

Tags: