Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
Zero isn't really worth it. Maybe I should give the game another chance but it's a really tedious game due to the character switching and limited inventory space. I'm usually very patient with slow games like these but I already got tired of it when I got to the second area.   

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
I love the game personally. Loads of fun, great environments. Limited inventory space sucks, but at least you can drop and pick up items again.

By the way, I bought the Chronicles HD collection, buuuuuuut...can't play it. :| I've got 10GB free on my PS3, but when I try to download the first game which is 5 or 6 gigs, I'm told I don't have enough hard disk space. Maybe it's just the stuff I deleted hadn't fully cleared out? I dunno. I gotsa get me a new HDD in that beast, though. 80 gigs just does not go far when you have big games that are download-only.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 02:28:26 AM »
The Wii RE Archives editions are around $18–20 each on Amazon. Is that too high or don'tcha folks believe in ordering over the Internet? :p

Those Wii versions are better since they're progressive scan, if you're planning to play these on an HDTV or EDTV. It makes a pretty significant difference, although it doesn't make the BG rendering look any less low-res, lol.

I don't order over the internet often, but I do when I have to (Willing to pay about $70 for Warriors: Legends of Troy, since you can only get it online in my parts of the country).

I'm a bit skeptical about the Archives version. Are you able to use a Gamecube controller in it? I don't own a Classic Controller and I'm not a big fan of using the Wiimote for games that are obviously not built for the Wii (Monster Hunter 3? Awful Wiimote controlers).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 02:34:54 PM »
It uses the GameCube controller, yes. What I don't remember is whether or not it has the same wonky way to access it that the Wii version of RE4 does, where you need a nunchuk or Classic Controller plugged in on startup, but afterward you unplug the peripheral and then a GameCube controller will work. It's the only way to use a GCN controller in RE4, but I'm pretty sure the RE Archives games allow for it off the bat.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
It uses the GameCube controller, yes. What I don't remember is whether or not it has the same wonky way to access it that the Wii version of RE4 does, where you need a nunchuk or Classic Controller plugged in on startup, but afterward you unplug the peripheral and then a GameCube controller will work. It's the only way to use a GCN controller in RE4, but I'm pretty sure the RE Archives games allow for it off the bat.

What do you know. I'll be picking up the Wii versions of REmake and Zero, then.

Gonna skip out on the Wii edition of RE4, though, since I already have the HD version on PS3, and I'll be getting a DLC voucher for it when I pick up my copy of RE6 Anthology (fanfare), so I can return my current copy to the guy I game-shared it from.

Anyway, anyone play the Chronicles HD Collection yet? I'm curious as to how the normal wireless controller plays in the game (I don't own Move, so meh).

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 01:42:34 PM »
I find "HD" collections to be largely stupid and nearly pointless when they don't bother to improve the polygon count on the models.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »
I have no problem with it whatsoever because for me it makes the visuals so much better, and you can actually watch 'em on an HDTV without looking like dick. I don't want revisioned textures. (For the most part, anyway; I welcomed it in Perfect Dark for XBLA.)

It's a lot like N64 games being made available on the Wii VC in full 480p, instead of whatever res most N64 games were in. Makes those games look so much better.

480p games generally do look nice on an HDTV with component video, but I like the extra res that these HD versions bring about. And in the case of HD RE4, it's naturally widescreen, whereas the Wii version's vertical pixel count is probably around half of 480; the PS2 version has true 16:9, but it's apparently missing graphical effects.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 12:32:12 AM »
the PS2 version has true 16:9, but it's apparently missing graphical effects.

Oh, God. The graphical tone-down in the PS2 version was godawful. The once-moving water is now just flat (that being the biggest crime). Then again, though, it did make the doors not-flat, as in the door-knocker thing actually sticks off the door.

Oh yeah. And compressed sound effects in-game. *wretch*

Tags: