Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania-Hunters of the Night(Fan-game)  (Read 25582 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania-Hunters of the Night(Fan-game)
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 12:53:58 AM »
That's a very impressive Annette, man! Did you make her all by yourself? I don't think I've seen those sprites in another CV game before...did you make her from scratch? Kewl kewl :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 11:27:13 PM »
So far that looks amazing.

Weird that Annette fights but that's just imo.

Online Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
@Darkman_429. Yeah it was one of those two that was glitchy for me. I do think for now i'll stick with game maker. I hear alot of good things about that and unity. So  i will just have to start practicing more with writing out code. I know a vast amount of terms,what they mean, and how to add them. But not really how to write or get code to always do what i need it too. For now i feel i should learn more about game maker and keep at it.

@ gunlord, thanks! I based the designs for the sprite from the psp annette. I originally wanted to go with rondo but here hair was purple. But when i seen the portriat online of psp annette i was like yeah that one instead. Defenetly. She is also still a wip like richter. Still much to perfect on them.

@Kale, yeah  i know she's never been playable but figured it would be nice to see what i could do with her as a playable character. I teeter tottered on the ideas of making either iris or terra  another playalbe character. Where i'd probably have choose Iris cause she seems to make more sense. She seems more intelligient than Terra and probably the daughter of a aristocrat or soemthing(very learned/sophistacated for that era). Terra seems to be a bit out-there so-to speak so i wouldnt know where to begin with. Where as it may be a longshot for either of these two to get sprited up and playable, I would base them off of psp version. I will say this you will at least see one enemy, maybe boss in the game that is totally an original concept but that will very much fit into castleavnia folklore.

@Mayzen,yeah my thougths exactly. I don't want her to have hugh weapons or look akward with them. Instead of having those hugh overhand strong weapons she'll have crystal balls instead(she still uses other weapons though). They'll have some magic spells that she can cast similar to what sypha or charlotte can do.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:07:00 PM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »
Looks great to me!

Online Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 12:08:36 AM »
Hey thanks! I was going to post some animated gifs of Annette's owl (POR Style) Doing a custom dash i made for it and also a floating stance for the valkyrie, and a stabbing dash move aswell. Too bad Photobucket is acting up on me!Certainly can say the familiars are getting their. I still need a bunch of moves for variouse weapons styles for Annette and even 1 or 2 more for richter aswell. Also i now have many of the weapons i planned for the game. Not nearly all of them though. The spears will be tricky causse with Richter i'll have to make all new spears for each various kind. I may see morph Johnathan to Annette so as to not make another whole set of weapons. That will be tedious as hell. After Annette & Richter are complete along with the weapons for them(this will take a while). I'll start Maria. She should be easier, cause her weapons will be her familars plus a possibly energy shot or kick. Not sure yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:10:42 AM by Las »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »
I based the designs for the sprite from the psp annette. I originally wanted to go with rondo but here hair was purple.

What's wrong with purple hair? It is Anette's true Rondo look. Beside it's nothing a little re coloration wouldn't take care of.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
Hey Las, good to know that you are okay and still kickin'ass with your projects, your ideas seems pretty good.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
one trick I learned early in development is even if things pick up where you cant work on the project always easily set yourself to get back on it later with notes, or if you leave things in mess or at a difficult point then the chances of you getting back on are much less and we all wanna see this make it!

Online Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
Well i'm continiously finding odds and ends to work on. Preparing weaponry, spriting moves, enemies, this and that. I like the note idea though, very useful for coding with //. Yeah i like when i figure out somethign and put that down so i know what i did and what it does. But yeah i do have things prioritized too. Really focusing on the players first, and weaponry, before any enemies are put in the engine. Then enemis or bosses next. Maybe traps,gears,etc after.

anything