Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mercury Steam two new games: Aleph and NAKED.  (Read 10720 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Mercury Steam two new games: Aleph and NAKED.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
it wont be the first time  have u guys forgotton this?

Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night

^i suck at this game ._.

altho i remember a concept that someone thought up here a while ago, about a hypothetical cv mobile app that had you custom build up the castle, with unique sections/enemies & you had to fend off invaders. or something like that

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »
Nowhere does it say Konami's involved at all.

And the linking of Aleph to Dracula via loose "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" is laughable.

I'm thinking Konami has NOTHING to do with this(they aren't even intersting in CV right and are focusing on MGSV and Silent Hills), but MS still wants to do something "similar", so they might as well be doing a not-LoS. It will probably be like the LoS games, but without Castlevania themes, Dracula and other iconic things. It's their Mighty No. 9.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
Nowhere does it say Konami's involved at all.

And the linking of Aleph to Dracula via loose "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" is laughable.

I'm thinking Konami has NOTHING to do with this(they aren't even intersting in CV right and are focusing on MGSV and Silent Hills), but MS still wants to do something "similar", so they might as well be doing a not-LoS. It will probably be like the LoS games, but without Castlevania themes, Dracula and other iconic things. It's their Mighty No. 9.
Of course it doesn't say anything about Konami. MS is asking the government for funds, not Konami. Maybe the games will be pitched for Konami, they own the rights for Castlevania/Contra, after all.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »
@Crisis: I love that game. Maybe because I'm good at those games. hehe.

Of course it doesn't say anything about Konami. MS is asking the government for funds, not Konami. Maybe the games will be pitched for Konami, they own the rights for Castlevania/Contra, after all.

Or they are finally making a new IP.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
Man, I loved Lords of Shadow, but I really hope that GAF poster is reaching, because I do not want to see Alvarez get another take on the series, not with both Dave Cox and Jose Luis Vaello gone. No good can come of this.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 09:39:22 AM »
I believe that the ''bad guy'' in this story is Alvarez, I really think that Cox wasn't the problem, and neither Marquez. In the open letter of the guy working in MS, he clearly said that the problem was Alvarez. Obviously I cannot say anything a 100% sure of things, but that's what I believe. If there's really another CV LOS coming up, I just hope for the best.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »
Everyone, keep these in mind. We don't know anything yet about this project. After the bad assumptions I made of Lords of Shadow 2 beforehand, I am very wary of anything from Konami. We need to wait until solid details are revealed and that will be a while.

Would Konami allow MS another shot at the title? Well, MercurySteam clearly is a talented group. I know that from the first game and Mirror of Fate. They did make the best selling 3D Castlevania title, with amazing production values. Lords of Shadow 2's failure was probably not due to the team itself. If they were given the tools and freedom they needed, I'm sure that they would make some amazing work, even if it isn't Castlevania. I hope Konami would see that through, if that's the case here.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Tags:

anything