Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How many whip hits before you die?  (Read 8417 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: How many whip hits before you die?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »
In Reply To #15

Yea, there would be a ton of virus' on that whip after all its gone through.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 10:54:41 PM »

Yea, skeletons do seem to be weak in everything. Weren't they kind of tough in Jason and the Argonauts?

I always found the skeletons in Golden axe to be a pain in the arse.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »
In Reply To #17

Gaaah. Yea, especially during that final boss fight. I can't remember, they were either invincible and they didn't tell you, or they took even more hits than the boss to kill them.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
In Reply To #17

They were a pain in Sword Of Sodan too. Course, every enemy was a pain in that game.  :P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 06:55:05 AM »
Can a whip cut your thraot open in one shot and kill you like a knife can? And I'd be out in one shot unless the Belmont is sadist and continue to whip me to make me cry in agony, if I'm not dead atleast. >.>

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
I don't, but i was planning to get one of these - http://www.whipstore.com/bullwhips.htm

It might be a little while yet as i still have a sword and axe to come in the post and funds for these kinda toys is few and far between.

but promise pics if I do get one.

Id like to recommend to you, get an 8ft whip. Its a little heavy and long for a first timer, but I'm sure you'll get use to it quick if you've used other weapons. I love my 8ft whip. It makes cracks like shotguns.

Also don't go cheap. Cheap lands you with whips that don't last. Around $100 is fairly good for a first time whip. Get normal leather to start. Id wait until you get better with it to get something more expensive. And as far as materials will go; roo hide whip is just about the best you'll get.

The first whip I ever got was a 6ft normal leather, for 60$. I beat that thing to bloody hell. It came apart real quick and I had to repair it myself a lot. Shes about 3.5 feet long now :P My 8ft is still 8ft. It hasn't come apart yet either. Better made. Was a little over 100$. When this one craps out, I'll go all out and get the best one I can find.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 10:10:35 AM »
Honestly i'd much rather go with the theory that bigger is better and go for the full 12 ft whips.

Then again i've got to take into consideration that you need at least twice and a bit times the length of your whip to swing it properly and my garden just doesnt have the space... there's a large field just outside but i dont know how people would feel about me crackign something like that just outside...

i'd also feel a twat if someone saw me smack myself with it which would be likely for a little while learning to use it.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
8ft for me is pretty much perfect. The longer they are also increases the weight. making them slower, and harder to handle. Sometimes bigger isn't always better. :P I do recommend if you want to move up, handle the smaller first though. And yes, you will hit yourself a little when you're using it at first.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
Bigger is better, but if you can't handle it, whats the point? >.>

Genya Arikado

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
It should be mentioned that the Vampire Killer works on creatues of the night differntly than nomal people. In the cut scene of Curse of Darkness were Trevor fights Issac, the whip hits the ground and breaks the stone as if it were a bomb. That being said, if you were and evil human than I would say 3 max. If you were a normal human than the Vampire Killer would only act as a normal whip against you.

Tags:

anything