Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Headcanon Thread  (Read 13044 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »
That's true as well. I didn't mention them because I knew that they weren't historically accurate. IGA's done both, that's about as accurate as we can get.

-UPDATE-

giving an easy example, the clock was not invented until 1227 yet there is a clock tower in LoI.

While this is true as well, LoI doesn't have a clock tower apparently. There are gears and cogs littered throughout some of the rooms of the Anti-souls mysterylab, but in no way does the player ever go through a clock tower. IGA I believe had made a comment on that very subject a while back too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:06:50 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
-Goes without saying.
Good material for a doujinshi...  ;D
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »
Just like Bram Stoker's Dracula, Carmilla's novel events are canon. In the end Carmilla didn't get Laura, but she renamed all her "favorites" after her to honor her afterwards. Which is why we have several Lauras in PoR and DXC

Speaking of Carmilla, there's a portrait of her (or rather the girl she was posing as) dated 1698. The year Simon's Quest happened. Iga must've done his research.

Good material for a doujinshi...  ;D

You deserve the succubus award thingy just for that.  ;D

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »
You deserve the succubus award thingy just for that.  ;D
Haha!  ;D
I have a long history of fangirl hot dreams moments here, I'm pretty vocal about my fantasies  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »
+1
...oh God. Pfil, I'm so sorry.  :o ;D

Anyway, a few more:

-The Lecardes are descended from the non-Mathias side of the Cronqvist bloodline. That's why they can unlock the VK's power for non-Belmonts (the Whip of Alchemy being a product of Cronqvist magic) and that's why Alucard gave them the Spear.

-Trevor wandered much of Europe and parts of Asia pre-CV3, killing all kinds of monsters along the way. He may've made it as far as India and gotten a taste for the local cuisine. That's why his second drop item in COD is... curry.

-In Bram Stoker's Dracula, Van Helsing says, "For in this enlightened age, when men believe not even what they see, the doubting of wise men would be his greatest strength. It would be at once his sheath and his armor, and his weapons to destroy us..." The Belmonts may have realized this decades earlier (as the world was getting more and more modern) and it might've been one of the reasons they disappeared. Though it still wouldn't explain why they can't use the whip till 1999.

-Speaking of Van Helsing: he helped train John Morris and is from the second best vampire hunting clan of the Castlevania universe.

-Similarly, Maxim had a hand in training young Richter.

-That scarf Richter wears in DXC? A lady's favor from Annette.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
Though it still wouldn't explain why they can't use the whip till 1999.

"He who fights against monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process."
This is exactly where the Belmonts went wrong. 

We know from the storylines that having supernatural powers doesn't make you a monster and even being a monster doesn't mean you're a bad person.  However, somewhere along the lines the House of Belmont* lost sight of this and turned their attentions to any that showed signs of "dark powers."  After several murders of innocents, the whip essentially rejected the clan.  Anyone of the Belmont bloodline that touched the whip would burn, much in the same way that touching a cross hurts vampires. 

Once word of this spread, the House of Belmont lost credibility and faded from public eye. 

So, why was Julius able to wield the whip without being burned? 
He wasn't. 

In a desperate act of heroism, Julius first picked up the whip to defend some innocent people from a vampire attack despite knowing that it would burn him doing so.  If you were able to get a close look at his hands, you would see them covered in burn scars from when he was first wielding the whip. 

*I just like the term "House of Belmont".  It sounds so much classier than the Belmont family, or the Belmont clan. 

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
I believe the term "House Belmont" was first introduced in Judgment, but it's been years since I played it so I'm not 100% sure. Might have to youtube it

No one has ever questioned the jewel around Soma's neck in DoS. Perhaps it could be a shard of the Crimson Stone? Or more likely, a keepsake Mina gave him.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
...oh God. Pfil, I'm so sorry.  :o ;D
Haha! They added the Succubus thingy!  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
I believe the term "House Belmont" was first introduced in Judgment, but it's been years since I played it so I'm not 100% sure. Might have to youtube it

No one has ever questioned the jewel around Soma's neck in DoS. Perhaps it could be a shard of the Crimson Stone? Or more likely, a keepsake Mina gave him.
That's the ina talisman that stops him from becoming Dracula isn't it?

Everything comes full circle

Tags: