Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your headcanon?  (Read 12395 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
I feel that Kid Dracula is nothing more then a parody of the series. However it does make far more sense to place it in between Lament and Legends as this seems to be a youthful Alucard. At least to me anyways.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »
I like to think that each of the games where Simon fought Dracula was it's own unique occurrence rather than just remakes or retellings. 

For whatever reason, Dracula would just NOT stay down. 

(as for Super Castlevania taking place 100 years after the last time Drac appeared, yet Simon still being there, we'll blame on some bizarre timewarping that probably had something to do with the Wai Wai team of Captain N :P)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »
I really only like to think of the 3 nes castlevanias as official with scv4 as the reboot that was cut short.

I think that the biggest mistake Konami has ever made was not bringing back the scv4 team.

Scv4 should have been called super Castlevania. There should have been 2 super sequels following the nes story with more detail.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to throw out every Castlevania that has followed scv4 for a super Simons quest or any sequel from that team.

????

The worst monsters are human.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »
I really only like to think of the 3 nes castlevanias as official with scv4 as the reboot that was cut short.

I think that the biggest mistake Konami has ever made was not bringing back the scv4 team.

Scv4 should have been called super Castlevania. There should have been 2 super sequels following the nes story with more detail.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second to throw out every Castlevania that has followed scv4 for a super Simons quest or any sequel from that team.

????

Isn't it true that in the Japanese SCVIV it never specifically mentions the plot as a re-telling of CV1?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 09:09:28 PM »
Isn't it true that in the Japanese SCVIV it never specifically mentions the plot as a re-telling of CV1?

I've heard that. It's very strange because it doesn't really work any other way. Unless scv4 has a different Simon, or a Simon with anti-aging powers...

At any rate, the story isn't all that important. It's the feeling and the vibe. The game has an uncanny way of transcending the need for a detailed and sensical plot.

Offline coinilius

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »
Well, I've got a bit of dilemma at the moment and I figure someone here might be able to help me - I've just about to finish up Symphony of the Night and I'm not sure which game to play next in my timeline playthrough: Order of Ecclesia or Circle of the Moon.

My original plan was to do OoE next, then CotM, but now I'm not so sure.  I'm aiming to play the games in chronological order, not excluding games that have been made non-canon.  Obviously CotM takes place in 1830, but OoE doesn't have a specific date, although I've seen 1810 attached to it in a couple of places.

I just wanted to get opinions on where others place OoE in their head canon - before CotM or after?  Or if you don't count CotM, what year people think OoE should occur in.  In any case, the 1800's is a very busy time for Dracula resurrections :P

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 01:20:12 AM »
Well, I've got a bit of dilemma at the moment and I figure someone here might be able to help me - I've just about to finish up Symphony of the Night and I'm not sure which game to play next in my timeline playthrough: Order of Ecclesia or Circle of the Moon.

My original plan was to do OoE next, then CotM, but now I'm not so sure.  I'm aiming to play the games in chronological order, not excluding games that have been made non-canon.  Obviously CotM takes place in 1830, but OoE doesn't have a specific date, although I've seen 1810 attached to it in a couple of places.

I just wanted to get opinions on where others place OoE in their head canon - before CotM or after?  Or if you don't count CotM, what year people think OoE should occur in.  In any case, the 1800's is a very busy time for Dracula resurrections :P

I like this particular theory that places Order of Ecclesia in 1837, making it after CotM. It seems reasonable to me.

Also, if you do the N64 games, I'm sure you're already aware, but you don't even need to play the original CV64, since the entire game's campaign is in LoD.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
Because it's included in Iga's timeline, I think it would of been super cool if there was a game about bram stokers Dracula.

Castlevania: The Hunt for Dracula

A Castlevania where you chase Dracula around London, and through the Romanian countryside playing as Morris. How freaking cool would that have been? Rather than being stuck in a castle, the player would traverse across borders. Searching for Dracula. A Dracula on the run is something we've never seen in CV.

And in my opinion, that's how Dracula should have been finally defeated. This would have been the most tasteful way to honor the creator of the character who made Castlevania a success to begin with.

There's no hope for it now. But this could make an amazing fan game.

Offline coinilius

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
I like this particular theory that places Order of Ecclesia in 1837, making it after CotM. It seems reasonable to me.

Also, if you do the N64 games, I'm sure you're already aware, but you don't even need to play the original CV64, since the entire game's campaign is in LoD.

Thanks Claimh Solais - that's a very cool theory and, although I'm not sold on the theory entirely, it's certainly food for thought.  Thanks to that and some other theories I've seen around here, I'm currently leaning towards going in the order of Circle of the Moon first, then Order of Ecclesia second.

And yes, I am planning on doing the N64 games - I'm actually looking forward to them!  I'm a fan of N64 era gaming :D

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »

I would still play Castlevania 64. Even though the game is wrapped up into LOD, some of the stages particularly the opening stage is significantly different in the original CV64.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline coinilius

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »
+1
I would still play Castlevania 64. Even though the game is wrapped up into LOD, some of the stages particularly the opening stage is significantly different in the original CV64.

That's actually what I plan on doing - I want to play the original CV64 version since it does have differences.

Tags: