Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse  (Read 48060 times)

Zead the Undead

Re: Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 05:37:07 AM »
In Reply To #43

What did you mean by shutting Jorge down? Those japanese? If there were any possibilities of them meeting the project, I would already contacted them and asked for help, like i wanted to do with so many other guys.

We're just fans. Its just a homebrew. I guess Konami soon will release some new Dracula's Curse Chronicles for the PSP, with a couple of re-used Rondo models, and we, the fans, will remain here, forgotten deep inside a forum with our little unfinished project.

So Quasar, if you are reading this, HURRY UP.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:12:50 AM by Zead the Undead »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
Uh, they mean cease and desist. They will do it! Like every other company.

And I'd suggest you try making the game in maker first before asking for stuff, its not easy. And its not like its his job, hes got a life too (or at least I think so anyway  :P) so he isn't gonna devote all his time to it.

But if you tried it with game maker, you'd probably find out how hard and arduous it can be, maybe not as bad since this project is actually being coded out using C/C++.

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »
Nobody knows for sure if a few months or even a year down the line if Quasar will still be committed to working on this. I'm not saying you won't Quasar. But you can see why I have my doubts. Its been since 2002 and this project still remains unfinished. And thus far no programmer we've had has cared about being committed. If you don't want to do it then theres no problems with not doing it. Its not like you should care what a bunch of randoms on the internet think.  If you do want to do this you can work at your own pace of course. Its a fan game. It should be fun to do. But be committed to completing it and not leaving it half assed like John Morris did. If you just plan on messing around and then in a few months say "Oh you know I have too much to do in my life than to mess with this any longer" or "I'm growing tired of doing this" then its better you bow out now than to give Jorge false hope.

I'm not trying to be rude but you're making tons of promises publically that you may not be able to keep. So just be careful of that because people are going to take you seriously.

Zead the Undead

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 03:30:17 AM »
Well,i guess my role in this project is nothing more than secondary artwork. Game Maker is HARD, only worx for making simple silly games. >:(

So guys, why dont you pop up at Mr P's site, search for the Dracula's Curse Chronicles and download both zips with the material i've prepared plus Jorge's? If you do that, youll get a real idea (or should i say hope?) in what concerns about the project's finishing.

(Unfortunately, i couldnt post those rips here yet as fan stuff, i dunno why, the page tells something about an error...) :(

P.S as soon as i can post fan stuff here, ill give you guys everything i could do with game maker: a shinobi's bonus stage-based silly ninja game :'(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:33:03 AM by Zead the Undead »

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »
Game Maker is HARD, only worx for making simple silly games. >:(
No, it's as good as the person using it. Some people achieve amazing stuff on it. Just look at thernody's games. If you put effort into it you'll get good results.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 04:41:57 AM »
I know its capable of good looking games, but..... I haven't really seen any, got any to show us Ringo? I'd like to see a good looking game maker game.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
hi. im thernody.

http://www.thepoppenkast.com/file.php?game=Clean%20Asia!
This game got into Independent Games Festival and was made in Game Maker. The guy who made it also got into a few magazines, is going to make a presentation at GDC, and he's going to be interviewed in 1up. So yeah, even with Game Maker, you can garner yourself quite the attention. That being said, I still say that if you do use Game Maker that in the future, you try your hand at C++ and etc. to really be in full control of your game.

This is a better looking one though.
http://www.thepoppenkast.com/file.php?game=Varia
It has a spectacular explosion effect.

And this a good looking Castlevania-esque game.
http://www.endlessfluff.com/valdisstory.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:09:55 PM by thernz »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
(Unfortunately, i couldnt post those rips here yet as fan stuff, i dunno why, the page tells something about an error...) :(

I made a thread about this, it's stickied at the top of this forum.
In order to keep spambots out, you gotta have three original threads in any of the three other forums in order to post here.

If you're a newbie, you can also PM me and I'll give you the three post-count thus allowing you to post here.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »
How did i manage to make a post in this part?
I thought it was reply in the other parts of the forum 3 or more times lol.

Is it because i used to come here? *shrugs*

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 03:33:24 AM »
You already have 23 posts. You need your postcount to show 3 or more to be able to post here.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 06:17:31 AM »
So it is post a responce not make 3 new threads asking questions lol.

I was just wondering how that worked exactly.

Zead the Undead

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »
If someone of you guys is skillful with gamemaker, why dont you try to help me on carrying on the stuff?? Ive got 2, ONLY 2, issues that really shot me up with gamemaker:

-first: in what concerns about a close-range attack from the main character: i know his weapon must be a different object to be created when you push the button, but i cant make this object to follow the character. For instance, when i do a jump attack, the character falls down while his whip stays still flotating where it was created!!!!! :o

-second: in what concerns about backgrounds: we all know its possible to set up the BG speed at gamemaker, but this speed makes for an automatic, neverending BG move!!! What i actually wanted was a BG following the characters position, just like we can see, for instance, at the CVC catacombs first block (that one with the many pillars). How do i do that? :o

Well, these 2 are the great issues that trouble my gamemaker effort. If someone can give me one or two pieces of code wich can solve these problems, i would aprecciate them so much. :D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
In the step event of the whip, change the x and y so they're the same as the character's. For the background, make an object that changes the background's x to the view_xview.

Though, I thought this project was still going with other programmers and not in Game Maker. I thought the progress was just slow. ._.

Zead the Undead

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:59 PM »
In Reply To #58

Well, the project is actually going with Quasar, i guess you know him. And youre right,the progress IS slow. According to my sources, it was started in 2002...too slow for me, so im trying to do it with gamemaker.

About the whip, is the action i should use the Jump to Position? If thats so, once i placed in the x and y fields the value <charactersname> and checked the Relative box. When i pushed the key, the whip suddenly started flying away from the character position!! im not kidding!! It was the exactly opposite thing i wanted to happen!!! Why?

Oh, and i've tried also to leave the Relative box unchecked, and when i pushed the key, the whip was created at the hero's initial position. So?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 05:51:00 PM by Zead the Undead »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 02:55:04 AM »
It's not relative.

You'll have to tweak the x and y so the whip's in the character's hand like:
simonbelmont.x+8

Tags:

anything