Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What do you recommend for the DS?  (Read 18978 times)

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What do you recommend for the DS?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
I'm sorta like Jorge, buying a good number of games that take me a long time to get around to playing. My main reason for this is that a lot of games go out of print quickly, and most of the games I buy are usually around $25-30, so I figure I'd rather buy them now and not play them till later on than to pay more for used copies when I'm finally ready to play.

Anyway, I suggest Hotel Dusk, Elite Beat Agents, Sonic Rush, Contra 4, and Mega Man ZX. And to the dude who said NSMB is poor and derivative, eat my balls. :o Sonic Rush Adventure is such a shitty piece of fuck compared to NSMB and the first Rush.

Hrm, you're certainly the vulgar sort. Truth be told though, it only makes you seem like a fool on the internet.

Sonic Rush Adventure was an improvement on the original in many ways. Superior level design, the inclusion of online play, the ability to choose from either Blaze or Sonic to play as on the fly, the challenge of mission mode, and superior bosses simply make the game seem like a general improvement in my eyes. Also, they got rid of the "kill all the enemies in this room to proceed" sections, thank god.

Additonally, you seem to blowing Naganuma's absense way out of proportion, as the soundtrack was still very good. Pirate's Island, that Ghost Ship level, Coral Cave, Sky Babylon, and the bosses (standard, final, extra) all had excellent themes, just to name a few off of the top of my head.

Also, for the person who complained about the submarine, I really have no clue what you're talking about. The whole sequence was based on matching your attacks with the beat of the music. Unless you have trouble recognizing this, there's no problem with it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 01:04:29 AM by corneliab »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 01:41:48 AM »
I understand that, but it doesn't make it any less retarded than it already is.  >:(

Anyways, get ZX, but not advent.  Most of the bosses in advent are pushovers and there's no challenge except in the last half of the final area. >:(

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 01:03:49 PM »
Hrm, you're certainly the vulgar sort. Truth be told though, it only makes you seem like a fool on the internet.

Don't try to pretend like you're better than me. I'd rather look like a fool than be someone who comes off as arrogant and belittling.

But I digress. I don't want Jorge to have to spank me. o:
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
In Reply To #21

They are mainly rpgs and they take a long time to finish and with work, school, weight lifting, music...it takes me a loooong time. I just bought some old ps1 games before they get even more expensive.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 02:05:01 AM »
In Reply To #27

Were the hell did my post go? All there is left is a bloody quote!

I was just sayin' I don't really want a RPG game. Much too boring for my tastes. I had enough of them already. Racing games too, no racing games.

I was also sayin' I have both ZX and ZXA, yet some are still trying to recommend it.

Tell me more about contra 4 without spoiling it. The game sounds interesting . . .

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 02:47:03 AM »
Tell me more about Contra 4

It's well contra with 2 screens, your classic big guns and shooting the shit out of aliens.
_______________________________________ ______________

Beacons

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 02:24:52 AM »
I know you said you were tired if RPGs but get The World Ends With You.

Also starfox command, contra 4, puzzle quest, clubhouse games, tetris DS, or either advance wars game

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »
Don't listen to Beacons, he misleads.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
I'm with Beac: Puzzle Quest is exceelent. Not really an RPG, it's like a puzzle game first with RPG aspects. It's freaking awesome.

Rune Factory, the new branch of the Harvest Moon series, but now they've added RPG elements lie fighting monsters to capture and train to work on your farm.

Nanostray 1 is beautiful, bt it has some interface probs.

For some awesome visual brain puzzles, Picross DS is a win. You use the clues by the given numbers to try to discover the hidden picture.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. The spiritual successor to Wind Waker, and it makes very clever use of the stylus, but yeah it takes some getting used to to control it. I like it even better than Wind Waker, personally.

BTW I just found out I OWN Sonic Rush! I forgot all about it. I heard it's good though; so I gotta get back to that one.

So yeah, I too have trouble keeping up these days on all the games I buy. Sometims I even forget I have them. It's not that I don't appreciate them; it's that I have trouble finding the time for all of them, as has been stated by several here.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
Hey guys, I dicided. I'm going to get that final fantasy IV game.

A more updated version of FFIII with better charaters, story, and voice acting? Seems good to me.

I got over not wanting another RPG already. It was a one or two year thing though. Yeah.

Offline Abodos

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
The World Ends With You is pretty good. It's got real-time combat, not turn-based as with other RPGs.

Contra 4, as most everyone has said, is also really good. Without spoiling anything, pay special attention to Level 4 and the boss of Level 7. Those are quite possibly two of the coolest moments in 2D video game history. 8)

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
You guys have forgot about Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
Hey guys, I dicided. I'm going to get that final fantasy IV game.

A more updated version of FFIII with better charaters, story, and voice acting? Seems good to me.

Actually its the updated 3d version of the Snes FFII american game but made more difficult. Tons of fun and a def. must buy.
_______________________________________ ______________

SymboliC

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

There are also lots of side-programs/software for the DS, like the Kanji writing stuff (100% useful for import players) and that KORG thing, which will emulate an advanced keyboard, wow.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:35 AM »
Dementium, New Super Mario Bros, Contra 4, Yoshis Island 2, Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Tags:

anything