Which is cooler

Legion
15 (53.6%)
Granfalloon
5 (17.9%)
Tits or gtfo
8 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Granfalloon vs Legion  (Read 8677 times)

Beacons

Granfalloon vs Legion
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:04:23 AM »
So after discusisng which one is better with members in the IRC channel it was decided to make a poll.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Granfalloon vs Legion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:11:27 AM »
In Reply To #1

Well, I'll be! You made it.

"Legion" just has way more power and immediate imagery associated with it.

As I've said before in some form or another, "Granfalloon" sounds like a gravel-filled balloon.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

warfreak

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 04:51:58 AM »
To me, Granfalloon is more fitting, despite sounding less cool than "Legion". ;D It's because of the literary association of Granfalloon ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granfalloon ). A bunch of people who identify with each other to form a social group. o_O

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 06:08:57 AM »
I voted Legion because granfalloon sound stupid.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:26:01 AM »
a demon >>> social group

that said, tits or gtfo

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 06:31:25 AM »
I voted Legion because granfalloon sound stupid.

Same here.

warfreak

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »
In Reply To #5

True.. I think it's more fitting for the monster itself, but a demon is cooler. :P

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »
In Reply To #7

dunno, i think the monster was supposed to be a demon with hundreds of lost souls absorbed by it, forming an unified consciousness controlled by the demon inside or something, rather than a bunch of people who for no reason decided to strip naked and grab a hold of a giantic tentacle monster. :P

warfreak

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 07:18:53 AM »
Well the original Legion was just one guy who got possessed, then Jesus sent him off to a bunch of pigs and they committed suicide. It's actually a better choice, but meh. o_O I liked the name Granfalloon better (once I found out what it meant), if only because I always thought it was a society of people who conformed with one another too well; They wanted to be like everybody else so badly that they ended up like that big mass of bodies, clinging to each other for support, their desires forming a monster, a core. It kinda sounds funny now, but I always somehow thought that.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 07:25:22 AM »
Granfalloon has that vibe to it that makes you think of a shrieking ball of nudists.

Also, tits.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
Well the original Legion was just one guy who got possessed, then Jesus sent him off to a bunch of pigs and they committed suicide. It's actually a better choice, but meh. o_O I liked the name Granfalloon better (once I found out what it meant), if only because I always thought it was a society of people who conformed with one another too well; They wanted to be like everybody else so badly that they ended up like that big mass of bodies, clinging to each other for support, their desires forming a monster, a core. It kinda sounds funny now, but I always somehow thought that.

I voted for Legion " I am Legion for we are many" the possessed guy in the bible was possed by many demons simultaneously, plus the bible reference is more fitting for castlevania than some shitty poem about balloons
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »
I beat all the incarnations of Legion, except it's second "nebulas" form in curse of darkness. I think that was the toughest battle in the game.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »
I beat all the incarnations of Legion, except it's second "nebulas" form in curse of darkness. I think that was the toughest battle in the game.

D:

That battle.... IS HARD!

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
unless you're trevor with the abyss whip. he makes hector look like a pussy with how fast he tears through bosses....

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »
unless you're trevor with the abyss whip. he makes hector look like a pussy with how fast he tears through bosses....

Of course we mean in Hector's game.

Tags: