Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Iga intrigued in bringing Castlevania to 8-bit  (Read 51136 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Iga intrigued in bringing Castlevania to 8-bit
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »
Very true. The NES Mega Man games still look surprisingly clean, especially compared to just about everything else on the console.

Yea, but the SNES MegaMan graphics were not so hot, and that'd be what they'd use.

They wouldn't use the awesomeness of the ZX/Zero graphics... which I don't know why they wouldn't, but I'd rather see a NES-looking MegaMan, than an MM7 or MM8 MegaMan (the 7 ones were nice but the stages were always in pastel colors, the Mm8 ones were... not all that good in my opinion... I'll just leave it at that).

Having something like a 16-bit console version of 8-bit graphics would be kinda neat, like the Cellphone version of Castlevania 1.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2008, 09:26:35 AM »
you sure? i heard the ps3 doesn't have the chips needed for native ps2 support to cut down on its costs and has to emulate it with software, which causes compatibility problems and random lock ups sometimes.

That's only the 80gb model. The 60gb model actually has a full PS2 chipset in it. Even then, the sheer rate of flaws in playing PS2 games on the PS3 are hardly enough to warrant turning one's nose up at the compatibility. You may have one glitch or two, but otherwise the games run absolutely smoothly.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »
dunno, i heard games like for example persona 3 tend to lock up frequently for no reason on a ps3.

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
In Reply To #93

I need to get a PS3 before they start making them without the PS2 software come September.

I'm pretty sure MM9 is going to be on all 3 systems as DLC, so if it doesn't do good I'd be pretty surprised. I also bet people will see it for 10$ and get it cause it's cheap, or have those points you get to buy DLC to blow it on something like it.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »
dunno, i heard games like for example persona 3 tend to lock up frequently for no reason on a ps3.
I have never had any problems playing ps2 games on my 60gb ps3.  And I play A LOT of ps2 games on it/
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »
Yeah Megaman's original art design is just too good.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

VampireHunterM

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »
In Reply To #24

Why do you even bother with Castlevania if you hate it so much? When you actually develop a game better than Iga, then I will listen. I won't hold my breath.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »
Hey now VampireHunterM , you can't deny she has a point. Legends was a masterpiece, right down to the schizophrenic level layout that makes the Mario games look like real environments, over-powered subweapons that put it on par with most Metroidvanias, dull music, a pointless Alucard appearance, and TREVOR IS MAH BABY! It's easily the worst of the 'classic' games, but hey, it has an anime heroine in a miniskirt. It's a gold-plated turd.

And then you have the N64 games, with the terrible controls, horrid camera angles, music as active as a nursing home, and terrible hit-detection that would make Vampire Killer swell with pride. Of course, the fact they're retconned makes them 10000000% more good, since, you know, they're lost classics.

Those were the good ol' days...

And...all the GBA and DS games were well recieved, and OoE was nomiated best in show for handhelds. So yeah, Castlevania is totally being ran into the ground.

---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2008, 05:29:01 PM »
Legends had some very good tunes :P

And 64's soundtrack was wonderfully moody and film like.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2008, 10:08:20 PM »
Gahd dammmit.

In Reply To #3
Second'd.

Motherfucking trendie.  Should've thought of doing a Wiiware FIVE DOZEN WEEKS AGO...!!!  Then the decision wouldn't look as pitiful.

In Reply To #14
I doubt it. ...would be EXTREEEEEMELY messed up if that were true, though!!!  I always thought it was because of Gradius V and Contra: Shattered Soldier that DX got the treatment it did.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
Eric and Clara, you realize that what he meant was that if MM9 does well Konami will LET him do this.  You guys act like IGA has no overhead and can just do whatever he wants.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »
why 8 bit?  he should just stick with the quality SOTN
offers  (which I think is 32 bit.)
  ;D

Saroor

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
why 8 bit?  he should just stick with the quality SOTN
offers  (which I think is 32 bit.)
  ;D

I am with you. Fine with me if it is cell shaded or looks similar to Alien Hominid, as long as it's 2d and plays like the old platformers. Even 3d background and levels with sprite characters and enemies would be cool.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
Those who didn't grow up in the 8-bit days probably wouldn't understand. :P

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro