Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Iga intrigued in bringing Castlevania to 8-bit  (Read 51140 times)

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Iga intrigued in bringing Castlevania to 8-bit
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »
In Reply To #75

I know that they couldn't get the game exactly the same because of the DS's limitations, but couldn't they alter the game so it works on the DS? I know it wouldn't be even close to as good as it is on the PSP, but it would be a chance to give a great game to DS owning Castlevania fans. I would KILL to play that game! Plus, then, I could play Symphony of the Night finally! :'(

I can't play online because my computer sucks. In fact, this is the last time I'll be posting for a while because we're sending it back to Dell. So, goodbye, Castlevania Dungeon Forums. I'll see you soon (if Dell doesn't lose our computer again! >:()

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2008, 11:37:30 AM »
I personally would've liked it on the PS2, if to fix the blurring issues with the PSP. But I think it works out this way because the PSP lite has TV OUT anyway.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »
PSPs aren't that expensive.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2008, 07:14:49 PM »
PS2 would be great. Almost everyone besides Gimph has one. The thing is, it's last gen. So it will very likely be x360 or ps3. If that's the case, I'll wait till they are less expensive. Well... It'll be ages from now till 1999 comes, anyway.

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »
PS2 would be great. Almost everyone besides Gimph has one.

I feel left out...

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »
Wow... poor Gimph! They seel them used for $90 at Gamestop, Gimph, you should get one sometime! CoD is $18 too, and and it's all really worth it!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
In Reply To #81

Too bad. I got CoD for 10

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »
In Reply To #82

Meh... you saved $2. Not much to brag over.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

warfreak

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »
In Reply To #75

I know that they couldn't get the game exactly the same because of the DS's limitations, but couldn't they alter the game so it works on the DS? I know it wouldn't be even close to as good as it is on the PSP, but it would be a chance to give a great game to DS owning Castlevania fans. I would KILL to play that game! Plus, then, I could play Symphony of the Night finally! :'(
Not likely. First off, DXC didn't sell so well for a CV game, and the video game business is all about money. They wouldn't port it to the DS.

Also, have you ever thought about what us PSP owners might feel? :( We don't get DoS OR PoR. OR OoE. I'll have to shell out some money for a DS come October. :P It's annoying both ways.

I feel left out...
I don't have a PS2 either. :P

Offline Gimph

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
In Reply To #84

I need a PSP. How much do they generally sell for?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
In Reply To #85
google.com

Whoever's planning on buying a ps2 might as well just save their money & buy ps3 instead. That's like someone buying a Gamecube to play Twilight Princess.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »
In Reply To #25

the only thing the n64 titles had was a linar gameplay and stayed true to the design of the classic castles, however i feel many of you were spoiled by eariler titles however i dont agree or disagree with iga's decisions, he has ideas i'm guessing but konami also may have the final say in any castlevania, since they have to "ok" the projects

also on DXC not selling well, i believe the fans wanted Rondo on a console, japan got it on the wii, did anyone else tho? and i got rid of my psp after sony's systems for me continuesly failed, the ps2 the laser just gave up, the psp same thing, at least i got rondo on the wii and sotn on the 360

and the psp's tv out is annoying it has to be a v2000 series, a slim, and has to conect to a tv that supports progressive scan and be widescreen to boot. thats just for games videos play fine with the s-video componet
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 10:05:23 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Ray

• better late
    • moniker
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »
In Reply To #28
I would rather see SNES level graphics as well.
For Megaman 9 it's different because the 8 bit megaman art style has aged better -in my opinion- than the 8-bit castlevania graphics. Even though they are not without their charm.

Ultimately I won't complain if we do get a new NES style instalment as long as the controls are better than they were back in the day.
(oh and NO cheap deaths by falling off of stairs at the beginning of a new screen, that's just criminal)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:05 AM »
Whoever's planning on buying a ps2 might as well just save their money & buy ps3 instead. That's like someone buying a Gamecube to play Twilight Princess.
you sure? i heard the ps3 doesn't have the chips needed for native ps2 support to cut down on its costs and has to emulate it with software, which causes compatibility problems and random lock ups sometimes.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2008, 09:03:04 AM »
I would rather see SNES level graphics as well.
For Megaman 9 it's different because the 8 bit megaman art style has aged better -in my opinion- than the 8-bit castlevania graphics.

Very true. The NES Mega Man games still look surprisingly clean, especially compared to just about everything else on the console.

Tags:

anything