Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Did you notice?  (Read 36954 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »
In Reply To #44

No, I never said that why would not anything fit, thats putting words into my mouth. I only said that a change of sex would not have the huge impact you seem to think it does, and that if you can suspend the beliefs in a flying medusa head, you shouldn't be surprised by a woman warrior.

A woman warrior would not make it into a kids game, would still be able to do things a man can do, and even in your "history" there has been woman warriors. Not much, I'm sure, but there has been. (I can only honestly think of one famous one, right now.)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Did you notice?
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2008, 10:49:24 PM »
In Reply To #46
There have been women warriors yes, but in EVERY CASE there was a male warrior that was superior.  Even Joan of arc (who was not a warrior, she was more like a mascot) had her own troupe of male warriors around her at all times in battle.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »
A mere mascot doesn't earn a place in the history books. What a fucking disrespectful thing to say.

You really are starting to dig a grave for yourself here. With every post in this topic you peel another layer off what you really think.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:13:47 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2008, 11:12:36 PM »
In Reply To #48
Disrespect?  She was insane, her right hand mind was a child molester/murderer (she knew about this and said it was ok)
She did almost no fighting, she just marched in to pump up the troops, she was a mascot.

Saying god and saints talk to you = nut job.

Saying mascot like characters dont make it into the history books is just wrong, she was a figurehead.  A symbol, a mascot.

All she managed to do was steal the glory from real heroes who fought and gave there lives for there country.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:14:33 PM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »
In Reply To #49

See, now you're just bringing your religion or lack thereof into it.

You don't have to fight to be a "hero." But I don't think there were any records of her fighting or not fighting in the battles. I could be wrong, and feel free to name a resource saying so. There are mentions of her sustaining wounds and still returning to battle, I don't really read up on her, so I don't know the finer details, but hey, sustaining wounds but still returns to battle and leading an army successfully is better than most men in my book.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2008, 12:16:13 AM »
Not to mention she was climbing a tower when she sustained it. She was either leading the fucking siege, or at least in the thick of it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2008, 01:25:44 AM »
Saying mascot like characters dont make it into the history books is just wrong, she was a figurehead.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:27:50 AM by Serio »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2008, 01:32:50 AM »
In Reply To #52

Says you! Sonia would so win! She'd own Richter and Julius too!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2008, 01:42:03 AM »
simon would just have to snap his fingers, and sonia would lose all her will to fight in order to satisfy him. :D

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2008, 01:45:30 AM »
In Reply To #54

Dude, that's sick... sick!!! She's like his grandmother! Or am I reading that wrong  :-[ :o

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2008, 02:09:56 AM »
Innuendos aside, Sonia would just go into Burning mode and Simon can't touch her. It's a backup chastity belt when her main one fails.

Also she'd take any sub-weapons he threw at her and turn them into useless collectables.

That or she'd trick him into breaking a trap-candle, and the rest writes itself.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2008, 04:03:22 AM »
she can use burning mode once per stage. simon can use laurels as long as he has hearts.

hence, simon beats sonia. her invincibility will wear off eventually and then she's fucked. when simon's does he'll just reactivate it, then proceed to whip her into submission.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2008, 04:45:27 AM »
Simon is not the legend he is, because he is that strong. He is, because he has no powerful special abilities, or anything and still fights his way through Dracula's castle. I mean... He doesn't even run, or anything. He just walks smoothly through it and whips everything. But still Sonia would probably win with her rage of the titans.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2008, 06:16:31 AM »
a titan can't hope to even scratch an incarnation of a god though.

simon had no special abilities to kill dracula few times, during one of which he was greatly weakened and dying. sonia needed super powers pulled out of her ass and be in top shape to be able to beat him once.

this makes simon more badass and powerful by default. :o

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2008, 08:31:42 AM »
Wow, holy thread derailment Batman!
Try to get back on the topic...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: