Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Did you notice?  (Read 36953 times)

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Did you notice?
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 10:34:40 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Boudicia yet, She roughed up the roman legions and made the emperor of the time consider even removing all the forces of rome from our island due to the revolt

( may I remind you the roman army were at the time THE best and well trained fighting force on the planet at the time with superior technology )
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 11:29:15 AM »
In Reply To #61

I'm not a big historian, so I don't know that much stuff, but there we go, another one.

Offline Hanniballistic

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 01:16:12 PM »
Alexc2808, did you ever take into account the suppression of women throughout history?  Many of them weren't allowed to do things a man could do.  They were expected to raise kids and cook, do the laundry, etc.  If they were allowed throughout history to be equal to men, I'd bet money there would be more female "warriors" to debunk your load of crap. 

Quit saying you aren't sexist, it's like a racist saying "but I have black friends"!

VampireHunterM

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »
In Reply To #1

Yes, and your point is....? Write to konami and see if they can get the licencing rights to put Xena Warrior Princess as a playable character in the next game.

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 05:20:52 AM »
Men are naturally born with more muscle mass, but that doesn't make men the ultimate warriors. Being a soldier/warrior needs so much more than just muscles. I believe there are tons of women who could fight a lot better than men.

It's not all about physical strength. It's a lot about courage, technique, mental strength, etc. In japan there's a martial art called Aikido which doesn't even include using any kind of physical strenght. Instead you use grips and techniques to turn your opponents strength against him/her. In such a situation, a tiny girl skilled with the art of aikido, could easily take down the strongest man on the planet.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2008, 05:36:55 AM »
I do kendo and I get pwnt by girls.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2008, 05:37:16 AM »
not if the strongest man cut her in half with a large sword before she had a chance to reach and grab him. ;D

the force of the sword slash would also be very big considering it'd be the strongest man on earth, so she wouldn't have enough strength to block it in any way, much less grab, which would cut her arms off/into pieces. :o

almost every warrior guy in cv has a sword or another weapon of some sort, plus this is cv, not japanvania so no asian martial arts in medieval europe plz. :(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:39:19 AM by Serio »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2008, 05:42:45 AM »
Have any of you noticed that in the cannon all female characters on the side of good seem to be some type of mage while the male characters all seem to be warriors?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:45:36 AM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:34 AM »
*Cough* Sonia *cough*
who? never heard such name. :P

she used the soul powers which were pretty much magic, so was her busty mode. :o

TheForc

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
He said all CANON characters. Sonia was retconned, and isn't canon anymore.
I also thank whoever posted the picture of  Sophitia, the sheer size of those things make me laugh everytime.

It's a fact that most men are more able to become fit as a warrior than women. However, if the women is say, more determined or trains more, she can become better than him. It's just a question of potential and who reaches it. The Amazons for example, in their ideal society taught them selves and trained as warriors. It was easy to become a warrior and they constantly became stronger, making them very good warriors.

If you put them against untrained warriors, they would rape the hell out of them. It's like putting a monkey against a human, and you train the monkey how to drive a golf cart, and let it learn the track, but leave the human totally untrained as to driving. The monkey would win despite it have a disadvantage in something like that. *is not comparing women to monkeys*

And like someone had said previously, think of the time periods most games are in. A female training as a warrior was rare, and so it would be a lot easier to train as a practicioner of magic.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
not if the strongest man cut her in half with a large sword before she had a chance to reach and grab him. ;D

the force of the sword slash would also be very big considering it'd be the strongest man on earth, so she wouldn't have enough strength to block it in any way, much less grab, which would cut her arms off/into pieces. :o

almost every warrior guy in cv has a sword or another weapon of some sort, plus this is cv, not japanvania so no asian martial arts in medieval europe plz. :(

Well the little girl could probably dodge it by the time it came down :P

She'd be like Yoda in the SC4 opening.

Oops! There's another Soul Calibur reference.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
If the girl had a sword too and could manage to get the first strike, she could definitely win.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »
*Cough* Sonia *cough*

niccccce piccc. that's a,a a good ehhhhhhhxample right there. (drools incessantly)

Like I said Sophitia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cassandra. 8)

But Sophitia became a mommy; that's the only reason she stepped out of the lime light long enough for Cassandra to take her main character roster spot. Now Sophitia remains an unlockable each time :(

It should be the other way around. I mean, Sophitia could have Voldo watch the kids (since he's good at watching things with his blindness). I guess her no-good husband is too drunk to.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:33:43 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »
In Reply To #73

Huh? Who is her husband?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
In Reply To #71

but now that's just mixing two different styles.

if you really want to compare who's better, there's no better way than compare two people with the same kind of abilities, training and fighting styles. only then you can see who's the stronger one. :o

Tags: