Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Gundam 00  (Read 6902 times)

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Gundam 00
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:07 AM »
Because we need a Gundam topic.

Anyways, Episodes 3 and 4 are airing tonight on SciFi's AniMonday, and Episode 9 of S2 aired yesterday in Japan.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
I love Gundam, but I love classic Universal Century Gundam. I tried watching Seed and it totally sucked. I couldn't get into it at all, and looking at 00 it just seems like more of the same.

The newer series seem to be too much cliche anime, and it pisses me off. The original series was more about politics and war, which is just so much greater. Plus, I don't like all the ridiculous mobile suit designs. UC had designs that were like military war machines, these new ones make them all look like they're something special...

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Is 00 more like the UC series, or more like G and Seed?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Gundam 00
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:24:45 PM »
SEED was an attempt at a remake of the UC, and it failed horribly. 00 began more like a Wing remake, then gained momentum to become one of the best Gundam series since Zeta, blowing it's source series away. It's by far the best paced Gundam so far, I'll tell you that.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
Seed owns because Kira and Lacus owns.

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
In Reply To #4

SEED failed because Kira's an AIMbot and Mary Sue, along with Lacus. Furthermore, Athrun's a traitor 5 times over, Shinn got his own series stolen from him, TMR's characters all die off in the same episode they're introduced, Fukuda's a dumbass, and Mwu's death was ruined.

Really, you think PoR gets a bad rep? SEED is considered the worst timeline in Gundam history, and Destiny one of the worst anime in history. It deserves that rep, too.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
Kira VS Shin was worth watching though, from SEED Destiny. I like the Impulse Gundam.

I like 00 so far. Its pretty interesting. The recent (Season2 current) plot twist was pretty cool.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »
In Reply To #5

Just because you aren't as cool as Kira, and can't get a girl like Lacus, don't hate on the show.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »
Well, nothing beats the original Gundam, MS 08th, 0080 and 0083. Give me Zaku's, Dom's, and Gouf's anyday over any of that ridiculous new stuff.

And nothing beats the the 08th team fight Norris' Gouf....nothing...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
In Reply To #5

Just because you aren't as cool as Kira, and can't get a girl like Lacus, don't hate on the show.
Pfft... BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!! Kira? Cool? Damn, you're out of the loop. Seriously, there's nothing cool about a girlfriend thief. Hell, he kidnapped his own sister form her own wedding! NOT cool.

And Lacus is a hoe. No, really.

And nothing beats the the 08th team fight Norris' Gouf....nothing...
Cammile vs Scirocco (Zeta)
Loran Cehack vs Gym the ugly samurai (Turn A)
Ali Al-Saachez vs Lockon Stratos (00)
Setsuna vs Alejandro Corner and his golden GM of Mass Destruction (00)
Anything with Garrod (X), Usso (Victory), Lowe Gear (Astray and Astray R), or Fon Spark (00P?)

Did I miss any?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
Pfft... BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!! Kira? Cool? Damn, you're out of the loop. Seriously, there's nothing cool about a girlfriend thief. Hell, he kidnapped his own sister form her own wedding! NOT cool.

And Lacus is a hoe. No, really.
How's she a ho?

Their feelings were mutual, I'd hardly call that thievery. And I'm guessing you would leave your sister to marry a gutless coward of a politician who only wanted to marry your sister for power.

That reminds me, I should go back and watch it again... and Gundam 00 is pretty at the beginning and I have troubles getting past that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 06:39:10 PM by Kale »

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »
Lacus was originally engaged to Athrun. By the start of Destiny, she's married to Kira. Do the math.

Also, Something you may find interesting. It's called the ZAFT Times. Here's a page:

Shinobi

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »
The MS designs in Seed Destiny are nothing but recycled from the previous Gundams but 00's is totally unique and original. 

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 06:48:09 PM »
Okay... she was engaged to Athrun, and then married Kira. I don't get your point. Are you calling her a ho, because she decided she wasn't going to marry the one she didn't love?

The MS designs in Seed Destiny are nothing but recycled from the previous Gundams but 00's is totally unique and original.

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »
I'm saying she's a ho because when you're engaged to someone, You're supposed to love them. It took her an awefully short amount of time to dump Athrun and jump to Kira for someone who was engaged.

And Lol. Virtue/Nadleeh boring? And the Flags and Enacts? The Thrones? The GN-X's? Al's golden GM of Doom? Hell, Kyrios was more entertaining than SEED designs, and it was the LEAST interesting OR original (Zeta's Waverider mode, anyone?)

Shinobi

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 07:01:50 PM »
@Kale
Not until you see the 2nd season.

@Patrick
I seconde to that ;)

And speaking of 00, I own this Gundam kits, painted by me of course.

Tags: