If you like those "What's your Favorite Castlevania" topics, there is a whole new SubForum just for those threads. Check out Classic Castlevania Threads.Newcomer topics welcome in this subforum.
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Definitely does not have a greatest hits version. I bought mine the day it came out. I love this, it's one of my favorite Castlevania games. I just downloaded Rebirth and it seemed so lame, so I busted out Chronicles and WHAMMY so much better! I love the look of the game, the music is awesome, and Simon looks cooler than ever.
I finally bought this on PSN about a month ago. I don't think it matches up with its 16-bit brethren and I actually enjoyed Rebirth a lot more. Still, it does have some standout moments, particularly stages 2 and 3. It's at its best when it tries to innovate (moving mirrors, flaming rooms, frozen area, etc). The CG ending, despite its age, is quite cool. Also, the remixed music is amazing, especially level 2's (I wonder if the remix composer did work on Contra: Shattered Soldier or Neo Contra?). I can't beat the boss of the Clock Tower on Original Mode as of yet, but I beat Arranged Mode with the new and neat Simon sprite.
Why are you replying to a 3 year old topic? Anyway this game is great and its like $5.00 on PSN.