Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My first video and a question for CV III fans.  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
My first video and a question for CV III fans.
« on: December 29, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »
Back a while ago Eric Roman remixed the music from both versions of CV III. When I first played Akumajou Densetsu on the NES (no extra channels) back in the day some 20 years ago (as my voice gets all gruff and 18th century) I thought they had done a great service to the series. Bass or no I liked the music. Then I heard the American counterpart and I was disappointed. What happened. I didn't know then that the music I listened to on the imported version was actually missing sound. However I thought even with that fact the music was better. The US version I have come to respect and appreciate since then but Japan's version I think is superior. So I wondered what it would be like had the American version would have sounded like had they just copied the emulatable sounds from the Japan cart with Triangle channels added instead of the VRC6 channels which couldn't be played.

I made a remix to see what it would sound like and I think that they should have done it this way but tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4bhPEKE7E

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: My first video and a question for CV III fans.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:17 PM »
That's actually pretty nifty. Wouldn't mind hearing more like this.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
Thanks.  ;D

I will make more then maybe more elaborate mixes with fade ins and fade outs.

A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 01:57:35 PM »
with fade ins and fade outs

I hope you mean just fade out at the end, cause it's good as is. It doesn't need any fancy effects. It's good because it doesn't have any fancy effects, and isn't trying to be super clever or elaborate.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
Yes. I will have to do that video over. In the meantime I am going to do a Beginning remix and maybe some others. I don't think this technique can work with all of the songs just because the songs may not all be suitable for a triangle channel substitution. Now I see what someone was saying earlier. In any case I hope that people will like them.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »
I have more songs now and there are still others to be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3o78E22_U

Enjoy.  :)

Tags:

anything