Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I wish that they had...  (Read 19680 times)

Offline castlemaniablog

• Blogger
    • Castlemania blog
    • Awards
Re: I wish that they had...
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
How's that launch PS3 holding up?  I figured launch machines would have trouble reading disc soon for me to want to actually try to get ahold of one now.

Mine's been rock-solid. Which is special, considering I bought it refurbished over two years ago. I like putting PS1 games in it, like Castlevania Chronicles, and then playing them on my PSP via Remote Play. THE TIMING MAKES THE GAME MUCH HARDER. Games like Dragon Warrior VII are a lot better for such things.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 06:11:04 PM »
I wish Iga didn't fuck up the story line.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
Hey guys, as far as I can tell, all PS3's can play PSX games (that is, PS1).
However, not all can play PS2 games.  that's the key difference.  The old 60GB ones with the Emotion Chip & stuff could play 'em, but as the company started taking parts out of the PS3's to reduce costs, PS2 backwards compatibility went out the window.
Not sure if/when it will ever come back, but if it does, it'd be via PS2 emulation in the PS3, not via a chip.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »
i sure hope we don't wait until the PS4 comes out before we're able to play PS2 games on a current system.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
Not sure if it's possible, but if most PS2 titles were available on PSN, then they should have a way of verifying that you have the actual disc in the machine; then let you play the PSN version of the game for free. Rather than actually reading the game data on the disc.

Wallachia: That's good enough for me (about DS2), I guess we should expect pics or some kind of official announcement some time later this year?

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »
I wish Iga didn't fuck up the story line.

I'm with you there, Thomas Belmont!  :D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline UnManuel

• Castlevania has changed.
  • Hunter in Training
  • guaramberri
    • UnManuel.com
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »
1. I wish Judgment not to exist.

nuff said

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:55 PM »
You and me both!
"Stuff and things."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »
34. I wish that they had given IGA & his team more time to polish up Curse of Darkness.
YES! Considering how IGA freely talks about how CV3 was his favorite, he should've handled a sequel to his beloved game with kid gloves. There should've been MORE platforming. They could've nixed the whole Saint Germain thing and work in some of the original CV3 characters(Alucard, Sypha, Grant). Trevor Mode should've had his own story that interlocks with Hector's.

36. I wish that they had spent more time polishing up those hideous NECA figures.
The re-released line doesn't look as bad as the first release line. I have re-release Simon, and his paint is more professional, not as globby as the original release fig.

38. I wish that they had elaborated on Mathias' past life more.
They could've added more in term of story all around.

44. I wish that they had made artwork for Castlevania ReBirth.
I'm sure Konami has artwork in their vaults of the new enemy designs and such, but like a lot of other games, we'll likely never see these.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
I'm sure Konami has artwork in their vaults of the new enemy designs and such, but like a lot of other games, we'll likely never see these.

They should take a queue from Capcom and put together a book with all the old artwork and early sketches.
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
YES! Considering how IGA freely talks about how CV3 was his favorite, he should've handled a sequel to his beloved game with kid gloves. There should've been MORE platforming. They could've nixed the whole Saint Germain thing and work in some of the original CV3 characters(Alucard, Sypha, Grant). Trevor Mode should've had his own story that interlocks with Hector's.

That would have been nice.  However, Alucard wouldn't be in the game because went to sleep at the end of CV3.  Given that such a story would interlock with Hector's, the final boss wouldn't be Dracula, it would be Hector in that room at the top of the Abandoned Castle.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 06:48:28 PM »
That's a good point.  They're releasing the Castlevania/Contra ReBirth sound track this month.  There's a decent chance they might add original concept artwork to the jacket sleeves like they did for other OSTs.  Well, I don't know how much of a chance, but I'll hope for it anyways for now as the last hope.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 12:12:28 AM »
They should take a queue from Capcom and put together a book with all the old artwork and early sketches.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been one of these yet. I would have expected at least a japan only one by now.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »
i guess the pre-order bonus art galleries that came out with Japanese and North American games don't count?  oh well, guess we need a more comprehensive bound book that is worthy of purchasing on its own right.

Offline Felix

• Commander of Drac's Ghost Ship
  • Hunter in Training
  • My ship. I hope Richter isn't aboard. Oh shi-
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
DS2 is coming out.. Im sure we will get another CV there :)

DSi, you mean, sir?

47. I wish for another Sorrow game.

Nuff said.

Tags: