Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I wish that they had...  (Read 19684 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
Yeah, you kinda have to wonder who Leon coupled with after LoI.

-X
Actually, I'm betting that Leon would partner with Liza (from the cell phone manga), a character who apparently also had a gripe with Walter and entered his castle (I think) because he killed her fiance.  What better new partner could Leon hope for?  I think the whip would approve too.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-loi/cellphone-comic.htm

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 01:32:17 AM »
Honestly it was probably something similar to what happened with Hector, he probably ran into some hottie who somehow assisted in his quest to kill some vampire terrorizing some village he came across while he tracking down mathias.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: I wish that they had...
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »
Actually, I'm betting that Leon would partner with Liza (from the cell phone manga), a character who apparently also had a gripe with Walter and entered his castle (I think) because he killed her fiance.  What better new partner could Leon hope for?  I think the whip would approve too.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-loi/cellphone-comic.htm
Why isn't any of the additional content ever translated and release outside of Japan?  Honestly, from what I've heard, CV has a bigger fan based in the US than in Japan, yet those of us who live in the US barely get any of the extra.  And, if we do have access to some of it, it is rarely translated.  Why can't Konami America get off their lazy asses and release English translations of all the extra content the people in Japan get.  That goes for all the Konami branches/subsidiaries around the world who are responsible for translating and distributing CV games in their respective regions.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
I think it has to do more with money issues and just plain lazyness on their part to even want to please the fanbase. Which is NOT very smart at all.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline yunrocks123

• "A crown for every achievement."
  • Itadakimasu!
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
awesome Rolex ad.  Aeon is sort of the main character in Judgment.  but you want a traditional CV with Aeon as the lead player?
;D thanks!
yes, i want a traditional 2D CV with Aeon as the lead player, i know that this thread is for things that you wish they had done,
but a DS game with AEON is................beyond what words can say ;)

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
unfortunately, Judgment made it sound like Aeon's rarely ever the one who does anything, he just sends someone else to do it.  but of course, if no one else is suitable to the task, he'll do it himself. 

Offline yunrocks123

• "A crown for every achievement."
  • Itadakimasu!
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 07:00:42 AM »
maybe in a game that takes places in the year 2368, soma is dead, belmonts are dead, alucard/genya is retired,
and Dracula is somehow back on earth, there is no one to defeat him, except aeon...
but a Aeon mode in a new game is also fine

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »
Allowed Soma to become the dark lord for real of Dawn of Sorrow and then end the game as Julius and company. But they would have to omit the Dimitri deus ex but I would have prefered that ending to the real on in DOS.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
-PoR had some kind of subplot about a Nazi occult scientist (Dr. Mengele?) trying to harness Dracula's power for some reason. ...Actually, fuck subplot, that should have been the plot.
-PoR continued Bloodline's idea of monster hunting 'round the globe. Real wasted opportunity there; the London and Egypt stages were a good start, and then it just kind of... plopped.
-PoR had a mode with John Morris Sr. and Eric Lecarde as opposed to Richter and Maria.

That's a great idea for PoR. What it should've been was have the Nazis searching the world to find a means to resurrect Dracula so they could ally themselves with him(tap into that myth about the Nazi's occult experiments and such, like Indiana Jones and Wolfenstein). You travel the world in persuit of the Nazi occult task force, and it ends with Castlevania's resurrection. You arrive to find out that Dracula has slaughtered the Nazis, because all humans would feel his wrath, but granted Mengele his dark desires, turning him into a vampire and giving him his Alchemy Lab to create more demonic creations. I actually thought that, at the least, is how it should've been. One of the things I actually wanted with PoR was, the war to be present during the opening of the game. Have Jonathan running through the forest as you see bombs being dropped in the background, and you hear machine gun fire in the distance.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »
did you like the idea's in Paul Anderson's original movie script involving Nazis? 

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »
God christ!! That wouldv'e made an even better PoR then what we've got. The intro story was very washed out and had almost ziltch to do with the war itself. And the last time i checked, Romania was allied with the Axis powers at that time. So I think it wouldv'e been almost impossible for a prist to make it to Dracula's castle, let alone John and Sharlot without running into a bunch of Nazi soldiers. Also wouldn't castlevania's resurrection draw attention from the Nazis stationed in Romania thus prompting a massive investigation via Hitler's orders? Hitler would, no-doubt want to find out more about the demon castle of legend. If only IGA put more effort into this game it couldv'e been the a kick-@$$ title we'd all have no trouble playing over and over again? Maybe someone here at the dungeon could do there own fan remake of PoR and apply all the aformentioned on this thread. what do you think Jorge?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2010, 12:55:16 PM »
There's a script? I can hardly keep up with that shit anymore, they've changed the staff working on it about 1,500 times... Anderson probably found some way to fuck up the idea anyway.

Actually, another idea would be Charlotte wanting Mengele dead for sending her family to Nazi death camps. That would actually give her character some depth.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2010, 01:34:38 PM »
There's a script? I can hardly keep up with that shit anymore, they've changed the staff working on it about 1,500 times... Anderson probably found some way to fuck up the idea anyway.

Actually, another idea would be Charlotte wanting Mengele dead for sending her family to Nazi death camps. That would actually give her character some depth.
That would've been awesome.

ANd yeah, the whole persuit of the Nazi's throughout the world would make it very much like Bloodlines. Also, you wouldn't need paintings to visit Egypt(Egypt would be one of the locations the Nazi's would be searching for one of the unholy artifacts). Same would've been cool for a war torn London(instead of the City of Haze). They could've also had other locations like the Coliseum of Rome or the Catacombs of Paris. Man, there was SOOOOO much potential. :-[

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2010, 01:59:29 PM »
I also had thoughts of Brauner being a placeholder for Hitler. Hitler also had desires to become an artist, so the paintings we've seen in the castle could've been his attempt at ceizing Dracula's power. Add to that the whole Occult Nazi stuff.

So many possibilities..

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2010, 03:07:35 PM »
I wish KOnami had left IGA to finish the sorrows before the reboot :(
No I doubt it will be a priority  :-[

Everything comes full circle

Tags: