Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 696024 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »
Holy S*.  At first, I thought the art was a fan mockup of the title.  But that's real?  Seems to be rather Judgment-esque with all the out of period characters.  I haven't seen any web sites for this yet, better start digging.  Funny how all three non-whip wielding Metroidvania protagonists are shown together in the artwork together (which is awesome, btw).  What ever did happen to the Belmonts?  Ah well, guess we can play LoS for that.

UPDATE:  Here's a second hand article about the Never Know Tech one.  There's a link on there that demands you register before viewing the actual source material.  I can't say I trust Never Know enough to comply with their demands.  This article says that you can also play as Jonathan, Charlotte.  So it includes all the non-Belmont Metroidvania leads.  If they don't include Juste, that would be super ironic given the title name.  If it's 6 player co-op, Juste has to be the other guy, right??  So is this a $10 download minigame essentially?  If it's not for PSN, I'll despair...  

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-8-player-castlevania-harmony-of-despair-revealed-172497.phtml
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:27:16 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
SD in-game graphics with HD background, way to go Konami!. Let's hope is not true.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »
I don`t like the idea..I would love a single player 2D game.. :(

Don`t despair yet, I seriously hope this is fake!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:51:58 AM by angevil »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2010, 11:43:07 AM »
I think fans have often requested a co-op game, this might be an answer to that request.  Of course, not all fans want such a thing.  I certainly hope I could be able to play this by myself in some fashion.  If this is just a $10 side-project, just let it be what it is and I'm sure they'll get around to making a full game when the time is right.  If its "too" big a thing, it risks overshadowing Lords of Shadow.

This falls in line with what Nagumo was talking about earlier, so I'm going to guess its legit.  Man, I love this time when you don't have much to go on but a few pics and some speculation.  I wonder what arsenal each character would use.  Certainly not the entire arsenal from their games...  Wonder if they just give all characters a standard set of weapons, and that's that, or if you can earn new ones throughout the game somehow.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:52:14 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
...and what about the story? If there is any? :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »
Probably not fake. the artwork looks legit.

But why would they add "press start button" on the logo? Unless that's how the title screen will look like.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2010, 12:10:08 PM »
Anyone have any links that work? I missed whatever it was that people saw.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2010, 12:19:35 PM »
What the F**K?! That looks like a fan-game! Oh God IGA, you don't fail to dissapoint me, the copy-paste is outrageous now. I mean, how can't you see? That's a dumbed down version of a DOS room... please LOS, com nearer, please, I want the world to respect my fav saga again  :'(

Everything comes full circle

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »
Oh man.

If this is legit, it looks gimmicky and awful.

Oh well, at least there's still Lords of Shadow.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
If this is all legit, this is pretty bad. Doesn't seem anywhere near the care and effort put into 'The Adventure Rebirth.'

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
Did anybody save the artwork? Both links are now dead.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »

:)
The screens are (hopefully) fake, but the artwork is too good to be fan's. I think It's Ayami again  :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »
Yeah, looks like Ayami's design. I just hope this game will be true HD 2D instead of that shitty screenshot.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
There is absolutely no way this is legit. The art is nice, but that screen shot is beyond ridiculous.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
But that screen shot is beyond ridiculous.
I just don't think he could go this far, but, Iga, he could make anything now.

Tags:

anything