Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 696050 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:55 PM »
Is this Super Smash Belmonts (& friends)? That would be awful.
About the artwork; There are obviously really talented fans out there who theoretically could've produced that artwork.. but it just looks too damn real. It's kinda like Ayami Kojima, but not quite. It actually looks more like someone mimicking her (and doing it really well).

However, I hope the screenshot is fake. Actually, I hope it's all fake. I don't know what to make of all this...  :-\

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »
Look at how one NeGaf poster called the game: Castlevania: Harmony of Embarrassment  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
  • "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
Usually this stuff ends up not being fake. But this REALLLLLY looks fake. Look at the picture. The logo looks god awful, and there is just a single "press start" option. There is just NO way.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:57:14 PM by LordOfShadows »
Go. Set Forth! Both your own life and hers are at stake.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2010, 04:10:18 PM »
Those over at neoGAF seem to have seen a demo already:

It drops you in with a wide camera angle where you're able to see most of the target area. It's not huge, so there wasn't much of an exploration factor. Clicking the right stick will change the viewing angle to the entire map (where you will see a teeny little Soma in the bottom left), or to the standard, close angle that we're all used to.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to see more than a couple minutes of play, but what we did see got us incredibly excited.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21046420&postcount=230

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
This game looks absolutely horrendous. I'm ok with them reusing sprites, but now they're using parts of old maps and merging them together?

This is just flat out lazy.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2010, 04:49:20 PM »
yep, it certainly looks like something a fan could make.  the artwork might be the same guy who did the Nocturne of Recollection radio drama art??  

i'm a bit disappointed (i don't play co-op games...), i would rather have a new ReBirth-like title, but i am interested to see how this turns out.  it seems a little bit experimental, which can be good from time to time.  it reminds me of the "enemy set" mode in Dawn of Sorrow, especially considering how generic the background looks.  i wonder if they'll let you place enemies on the map.  i hope they do have an enemy set mode that you can play by yourself (that you or other people posted on the internet) as an alternate to the co-op play.

but still, it is quite something to see all these DS characters come together in one game.  i also appreciate that unlike The Adventure, we get some new artwork to go along with this.  as for story, who knows if they'll try to make it "fit" like they did with Judgment, or say to hell with it.  it would be nice if each one advances the storylines of the sorrow series, portrait of ruin, and order of ecclesia just a little bit, or offers a peak into what happened before those games.  perhaps it will be a sequel to Judgment where we will have to fight Galamoth at the end.  that might make a great final boss to try to take down with six players. 

i guess as much as it would make sense to put Juste in their as the 6th playable character, he doesn't have a DS sprite set they can rip from, so maybe it'd be one of the secondary DS characters like Julius, Yoko, the Lecarde sisters, (dare I say Richter/Maria/Axe Armor), or Albus.  or maybe they'll actually make a new character or throw in a 2D version of Aeon??
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:56:16 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »
I like how it taglines "all your favorite Castlevania characters" and yet there are no Belmonts in sight.

To be honest I'm really tired of the Metroidvanias, they've run their course at this point. I want more Classicvania instead.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:55:38 PM by OSM »

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »
Hmm....hmm.....hmm....

This better have some tight gameplay.

......optimism.....fading....

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
I see 6 slots, yet there are only 5 characters...?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
how in the heck did Soma get to be an expert in all weapons anyways??  he's got some serious innate abilities.

those might be save slots, so there could be a different number.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:49:29 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
It's awful. rofl
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2010, 06:48:42 PM »
I'm gonna go on record right now as calling this real. It's too bad and cheap looking to be fake.

Please forgive any defense I've ever made for Iga, you were all terribly right.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2010, 06:50:33 PM »
Then again this is most likely IGA's work and we all know how much he loves reusing things.
The art's nice but I doubt it's Kojima's. The angles, clothing folds, and etc. are just too stylistically different for Kojima. It's a nice emulation though.
Well, as for the real game, uh. Uh.
I don't think you should group this with IGA. He isn't that bad. This is probably done by a European Konami team like Nagumo said, if this is actually legit anyway. This game does not look like an IGA game at all. His stuff is way too traditional to go around mucking around with mixing resolutions and using SD sprites in a HD environment and using 3D in a menu.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:53:10 PM by thernz »

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »
Oh god....this Castlevania is bullshit.

Mega Fail of IGA.

Tags: