Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: castlevania soundtrack "restoration" project  (Read 20687 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: castlevania soundtrack "restoration" project
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »
Hey, when's the next soundtrack due? :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 01:32:15 PM »
I hit a bit of a dead end with Bloodlines, for the time being.
I sampled the entire soundtrack, learning along the way that there might be something a bit messed up with the CCAM I was using. The signal is nice and clean overall, asides from the right side suffering from some distortion. I need to check with other people who've done the same mod and see if they've had the same issue.
And, I also realized there are two model 1s. Apparently the very first model 1 is region free and that has the most desirable sound. I have the later model 1. :/

But that doesn't mean I'm giving up! I just wanted to go back and do a streak of some non-Castlevania stuff first. I just did Gargoyles Quest, and wanna do about 3 others before I worry about CV again. :)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
Well, hey, post the non-CV stuff, too. :) I'm interested in Gargoyle's Quest.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2010, 02:14:58 AM »
Oh lord that'd be a ton of stuff to post. :)
http://www.youtube.com/explod2a03

There's a master list on the left side (110 soundtracks so far), and most soundtracks should have a download link in 'track 1' for each soundtrack. Newer stuff sampled from hardware will have two download links (flac + mp3). If you see just mp3, that means it was likely sampled from nsf / gbs / SID / etc playback on the PC.

But here's gargoyle's quest!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0udWNgw9U

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2010, 03:28:29 AM »
Coooool. Subscribed.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: