Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Igarashi has a 3DS dev kit, working on game ideas  (Read 10479 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Igarashi has a 3DS dev kit, working on game ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:08 AM »
Good news!!!! I hope that this time IGA will make something different on 3DS or the 1999 game!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 08:45:54 AM »
The problem with the 1999 game is that it won't be able to live up the expectations. Fans expect it to be impossibly epic - larger than life, in fact - especially the final battle against Dracula. I doubt Konami could ever deliver that. And even if they do, fans will cry "not epic enough!".

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
possible

Lament of Innocence 3DS
Curse of Darkness 3DS
X Chronicles 3DS
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
Speculation or offical?  ???

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Doesn't really seem all that smart to re-release games that didn't even sell well.
U-Unless they improved the level design.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
The problem with the 1999 game is that it won't be able to live up the expectations. Fans expect it to be impossibly epic - larger than life, in fact - especially the final battle against Dracula. I doubt Konami could ever deliver that. And even if they do, fans will cry "not epic enough!".
1999 would be perfect for 3DS. Seeing it in 3D, but with 2D or 2.5D gameplay would more than amazing!

Offline RegalX7

• !?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
Just the other day, I thought I was sick of the Metroidvanias, even though I defend them at the same time... Now, I'm already hyped at the thought of a new one coming out.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 01:12:05 PM »
Im glad that IGA will probably continue hs portable Castlevania games, but I've got a feeling that we will never see the 1999 game.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »
The 1999 game should just be Castlevania V.

I would flip shit if it ever happened.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »
The 1999 game will happen, I'm sure. I'll take a shot in the dark and say it might be the 2nd or 3rd CV title for the 3DS (assuming they keep the "tradition" of 3 games per handheld)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 09:15:55 PM »
Well if IGA does do the 1999 game it better be the biggest, best, most amazing Castlevania game ever created by human hands.

Im talkin Belmonts , Alucard, 2D metroidvania mixed with oldschool Classicvania, fantastic music by Yamane and Prince, sex, nudity, drugs, car chases, tag team ladder matches, profanity, mexican standoffs and walking away from explosions in slow motion IN 3D!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 01:57:09 AM »
It would be cool if they got the orginal composer of Castlevania to do the soundtrack of the 1999 game. Just for kicks.   :-X

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 07:16:41 AM »
Well if IGA does do the 1999 game it better be the biggest, best, most amazing Castlevania game ever created by human hands.

Im talkin Belmonts , Alucard, 2D metroidvania mixed with oldschool Classicvania, fantastic music by Yamane and Prince, sex, nudity, drugs, car chases, tag team ladder matches, profanity, mexican standoffs and walking away from explosions in slow motion IN 3D!

Shit, if Iga's making it we're lucky if we even get Belmonts.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »
and why 3D
2.5D at most, okay.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 08:20:27 AM »
I'd like to see the 1999 game become a mix of both classic and metroidvania, more freedom to move around, but linear level design with a few alternate paths. RPG elements and pork chops hidden in the walls too, obviously.

After playing Contra 4 a million times I really can't help but wish they would make Castlevania V for a handheld too. Get the same team to make it, and ask Iga for some guidance now and then.

Stay away from 3D, just keep it 2D with sprites, or 2.5D.

If I don't see any Belmonts or Julius in this I'll be disappointed. Enough side games already, give us the climax!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:28:58 AM by OSM »

Tags: