Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65583 times)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »
+1
To be fair he was involved in creation of both Castlevania Chronicles and Dracula X Chronicles and they features Simon and Richter. In Castlevania Chronicles Simon was even redesigned to go along with IGA's vision of the series. And there was Curse of Darkness featuring Trevor as one of the main heroes. Besides Richter and Maria appeared in the Portrait of Ruin as bonus characters, so it' not like IGA totally hates previous characters. Maybe he just like to create his own heroes.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 01:29:36 PM »
Yeah, but they were taking about how IGA only put the characters he created (besides Alucard) in Harmony of Despair, and ignored some of the more iconic series characters in the process.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »
To be fair he was involved in creation of both Castlevania Chronicles and Dracula X Chronicles and they features Simon and Richter. In Castlevania Chronicles Simon was even redesigned to go along with IGA's vision of the series. And there was Curse of Darkness featuring Trevor as one of the main heroes. Besides Richter and Maria appeared in the Portrait of Ruin as bonus characters, so it' not like IGA totally hates previous characters. Maybe he just like to create his own heroes.

Yeah i think you missed the point, Simon nor Richter appear in Castlevania Harmony of Despair. Although Julius and Maria seem to be making an appearance. Though I dont think he really created Maria but again she didnt really shine until IGA came along.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
+1
Yeah i think you missed the point,
Sorry about that. I thought you've talked about IGA'vanias in general.

I think the only reason none of classic characters didn't appear in the HD - it's the fact that they couldn't rip them out of previous games. And they too lazy / too short on money to create a brand new spriteset for this "game". Well maybe they will recolor Richter afterall... :P

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
Sorry about that. I thought you've talked about IGA'vanias in general.

I think the only reason none of classic characters didn't appear in the HD - it's the fact that they couldn't rip them out of previous games. And they too lazy / too short on money to create a brand new spriteset for this "game". Well maybe they will recolor Richter afterall... :P

Its cool no worries.

Speaking of ripping them from old games they managed to stick Alucard in there I dont see why they couldnt do the same for Trevor, Grant and Sypha (EDIT: since all three appeared in SotN)  hell even Simon from Chronicles couldve been done since putting IGAs poster boy in there was possible. Honestly I'm not buying the whole "it takes too much money to do that" excuse. They managed to created full brand new, re designed 3D models for Judgement. Also I dont really see many KOF fans and yet they managed to redraw and even redesign a lot of the characters for KOF 12 and 13. So I'm sorry to all the IGA fanboys and girls but it's laziness and lack of creativity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:43:55 PM by Lumas »

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »
Also on the same note of their poor choice in characters, least in my opinion, why must we suffer Maria in her child form again? I would much rather her grown up and again they could have just as easily added her SotN sprite just as they did with Alucard.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 05:31:56 AM »
+1
Trevor, Grant and Sypha
It's not that easy - they don't have complete spritesets. Sypha only floating, Grant only crawling. Trevor is the most complete of them all, howevfer he is not that different from Richter.
Anyway they need to draw many new sprites to complete this characters.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »
It's not that easy - they don't have complete spritesets. Sypha only floating, Grant only crawling. Trevor is the most complete of them all, howevfer he is not that different from Richter.
Anyway they need to draw many new sprites to complete this characters.

So let me get this straight you are saying they are too lazy to actually redraw new sprites?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 04:44:12 PM »
DUH!

Although why they didn't put Adult Maria from the PSP game (or even the kickass version from the Saturn only with a better jump) is beyond me.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2010, 02:53:28 AM »
So let me get this straight you are saying they are too lazy to actually redraw new sprites?

Either too lazy or not allowed. I know that sounds stupid, but I wouldn't totally doubt it, either.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 03:21:38 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2010, 04:29:32 AM »
+1
Maybe there are lazy and just try to cut corners everywhere they can.
Maybe they don't paid enough to do such work.

And I'm agree abot Adult Maria - unlike others she is a complete character. They only need to put her in a game (maybe adding to gameplay modes - saturn-like and PSP-like). That's strange that they decided to use Lil' Maria.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2010, 05:49:03 AM »
I would think that payment is an issue. I mean, would you REALLY draw more sprites when you arne't paid to? If you do, then you're encouraging them to not pay you to do other work, then you end up being the one who did loads of work for no payment.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »
I would think that payment is an issue. I mean, would you REALLY draw more sprites when you arne't paid to? If you do, then you're encouraging them to not pay you to do other work, then you end up being the one who did loads of work for no payment.

That's true!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:43 PM »
I do spriting 3/4 of my time and I'm not even being paid. IGA (and team) are lazy!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
I wonder where all the budget is going.

Tags: