Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Thunderbrand's Spoiler thread---  (Read 74428 times)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:02:03 PM by Oralox »

Offline spazzy_d

• Awards
Re: Thunderbrand's Spoiler thread---
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
Brauner's name is derived from Victor Brauner which is a surname but in Castlevania they use it as a first name.

Orlox and Carmilla were never a problem. This explanation wouldn't work for the first two because that would just be silly. Brauner didn't became a vampire until WO I. I guess Cornell would work but I think it would be just stupid...                  

I definitely agree with you that it's very unnecessary to try and connect the two continuities, so it's a bit silly to try and do so.
I don't think it would really be an "insult" to the Castlevania cannon, though.  As much as I love the series, the story has become very convoluted and ridiculous over the years.  I mean really, "OMG!  It's reincarnated Dracula....from the FUTURE!,"  or "oh, I get it.  The guy in the top hat is a time traveler.  Wait, what?"  That’s part of the reason I'm glad this is a reboot.... the series has  A LOT of baggage.

Anyway, those scans pretty much confirm that Zobek is a lord of shadow.  ("Zobek and the other lords of shadow")

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
Okay that one picture confirms that he isn't satan in the future he is dracula.

Satan becomes dracula somehow.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »
Satan's looking a little Dracula.

Also im happy to see that he is properly covered, unlike Dante's Inferno's Satan.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »
Wow, Kojima's trailer really did spoil the final boss. What the hell.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
to me its a little stupid how they call that dragon zombie looking titan dracolich.
Why can't they just call him zombie dragon to be more CV?

Offline Apolake

• Just a lurker
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
I just realized that the TGS trailer kinda hinted it was Satan who is behind the events since Baba Yaga mentions her master as the "King of the Angels". When she said that, I thought, "Lucifer? Can't be." and I just dismissed it.  Way to go Kojima.
"I respect your right to an opinion, it's your "right" to lie and misinform that I take issue with."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
Where did those scans come from?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
Yeah, I thought the same thing with Jason Isaacs said "and a certain Prince of Darkness" in that gameplay trailer but I dismissed it because I thought the idea of Satan in Castlevania to be pretty ridiculous. One of the few things I never expected to see in a Castlevania game actually.      

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
I am certain after Satan is defeated, Dracula is born.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
Satan in a Castlevania is odd but I can accept that since this is a reboot. But what is what the fuck worthy is that last pic.

Offline spazzy_d

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »
Satan as a one off end of game baddy?  Pretty cool.  Satan some how becoming Dracula and hanging around the series?  Kind of lame.    Having Dracula, or someone else, become a new "Lord of Darkness" makes more sense.  I don't mind if Satan has his presense felt in the future (especially if this timeline spins off some sequels) but I think having the Devil plotting in a "I'll get you next time Belmont!" *shakes fist* sort of way is beyond cheesey.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
I am now waiting for the game to come out so I now what happens to Gabe and Satan.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2010, 12:47:38 PM »
MMmm...No, not like Dante's inferno, but more like Ghosts'n Goblins.

But if it's like GnG, where's his Fire-face-penis?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
Brauner's name is derived from Victor Brauner which is a surname but in Castlevania they use it as a first name.
Orlox and Carmilla were never a problem. This explanation wouldn't work for the first two because that would just be silly. Brauner didn't became a vampire until WO I. I guess Cornell would work but I think it would be just stupid...                 

Portrait of Ruin/Symphony of the Night/CV64LoD never state whether Brauner/Olrox/Cornell is a surname or a given name.
Carmilla is never even stated to be a surname or given name in the original novel.
However, I don't necessarily think these characters decidedly are, or are related to, those in the other games.
Besides, Cox said he specifically tried to contradict the original canon.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:10:47 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Tags: