Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest fan-remake - More than EPIC  (Read 45469 times)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest fan-remake - More than EPIC
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »
Trick Manor......my god it's beautiful. I want to buy this game, he better take my money.

Offline VeteranVk

• Hunter in Training
  • Vampire killing since 1988
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
That new mix of mad forest is getting me rather amped up too! A night sequence in the woods to that is going to be down right awesome.
I now Prossess a what?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »
This is shaping up to be the greatest CV ROM hack of all time. ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »
God Christ! Can we stop talking about the game and start playing it!?! All this excitement is torture!!!  :-X

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
God Christ! Can we stop talking about the game and start playing it!?! All this excitement is torture!!!  :-X

-X

Not for quite a while, sadly. Though Optomon says most of the soundtrack is complete, the same cannot be said for the game itself.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Optomon#p/a/u/0/S7LbsUShkSo

Holy crap. Optomon sequenced the Trick Manor song from CV4 for this hack. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also a link with an NSF. It has more original songs and remixes like Gears Go Awry, Heart of Fire, and Mad Forest. This hack is epic.
This hack is going to be incredible.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:05 PM »
Gave me chills... wow.... it brought back memories, and those graphics (In the shot) with armor reflections and all... Hey guys, how can we Help them to actually finish this? IT'S CASTLEORGASMIC!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
Unless someone has the money to pay the hackers an hourly wage... I doubt it. Believe me, if I had several thousand dollars to waste I would.

Though considering that these guys formerly made Dragoon X Omega something, a really elaborate Final Fantasy 1 hack that makes it a different game, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:10 PM »
This hack is going to be incredible.

It sure will be, assuming they finish it.  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2010, 08:37:55 PM »
This is starting to shape up well, still listening to the arranged verison of Trick Manor and I can wait for this to come out.(which is rare for most Castlevania hacks.)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »
I wonder if they are going to make the game more reminiscent of CV 1,3 in terms of traps and platforming. I always said that CV 2 would be an excellent game if it played more like Zelda II or Battle of Olympus. Yes, the pace and tempo of CVII is slower than the first title you can attribute that to the free scrolling of this game. I hope that they will be able to make it more consequence based as a plat-former. If they don't it probably won't sully this in any way. It's going to be fanfricking tastic. If I had money and I mean real money I would definitely make donations. I still have some sprite work if they want any contributions. Did they use Cursed for this? The forest looks amazing. I am just wondering how they are going to set up the boss encounters both in terms of music and atmosphere.
Without question, it's shaping up to be the best hack ever. 

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »
I never liked the original game but this remake looks quite well...
I never drink... wine...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 10:09:17 AM »
I made mp3s of the Trick Manor and New Messiah ones if anyone wants em... I tried to make one for Cross Your Heart too but for some reason it just wont convert Ive tried like 100 times it always crashes after like 1sec into it

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
Rather then converting the 'Cross your heart' tune, why not just make it from scratch? It might save you a lot of trouble...and crashes.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 11:37:38 AM »
well I found this link to a post containin the nsf file for the entire soundtrack
http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php?/topic/31737-cv-hacks-im-making/

So I made individual mp3s and set up all the tag info and a playlist. You can DL it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?eca2p1a5ybkpbmn

Tags: