Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest fan-remake - More than EPIC  (Read 45471 times)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest fan-remake - More than EPIC
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »
*hugs Aridale.
I wish more 16bit songs were made in 8bit, especially from cv
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:07:09 AM by Alutwon »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »
Omegasigma and I can make that happen.
You might check Fan Stuff, sometimes we put up Downmixes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
That would be so nice.
The original songs like devil's workshop are well done imo and hold true to what makes 8 bit music sound so nice.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
I just gave this collection a listen to, and It's a good soundtrack. I thought the custome tunes were well done. Devil's workshop was a very funky sounding piece, almost as though I was hearing an 8-bit dance-mix. It's unfortunate that memorable tunes like the one that play's in Dracula's ruined castle, are not included.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
For those of you who'd really like to let out your interest, there's a topic on ROMhacking about it.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,10174.0.html

As you can probably see, I've posted there a bit :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »
Thanks man! I think it's almost our obligation to go there and say at least thanks.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Arilou Laleelay

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »
Wow this looks like a great remake. I grew up with Vampire Killer on my old MSX, so I really dig the style of the graphics (and music). At the time I was really disappointed when I finally got to play the original Simon's Quest.

Thumbs up, and I will be sure to check out that ROMhacking topic.

PS: This is the original review of Simons Quest
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:48:21 AM by Arilou Laleelay »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
Vampire Killer, huh? That game is impossible but it does have a certain charm.

There's another cool rom hack of 8 Eyes being made that rips graphics and ideas from that game, but I don't know how much it's progressed.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 10:11:41 PM »
Any new news on this?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Optomon#p/a/u/0/S7LbsUShkSo

Holy crap. Optomon sequenced the Trick Manor song from CV4 for this hack. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also a link with an NSF. It has more original songs and remixes like Gears Go Awry, Heart of Fire, and Mad Forest. This hack is epic.
It cannot be stressed enough that what Optomon is doing with the music here is AWESOME and legendary. Not only are both the originals and rearrangements tight as hell, but there's a reason that your average game hack doesn't include changed music-- making new music by hex editing the existing music is just fucked up and insane. It takes a good knowledge of both music and NES programming. I've written original NES music myself but couldn't fathom doing it the way that he is. This hack is epic.

From what I understand, although it's been a while since I've talked to him- the game had extra room leftover that could be used for more music. So this game should have a larger soundtrack than the original (perhaps twice as large?). It's kinda rare for that scenario with NES games- you're usually starved for room.

Also, some of the background tiles are wicked. Almost 16-bit looking. So good. :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:16:49 AM by bucky »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2011, 01:23:09 AM »
Are you a newcomer to the forums?
Please take the time to read the rules.
Also, if a thread has had no responses in over five months... let it go.  Thread Necromancy is frowned upon, in this forum.

DERP

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2011, 09:22:21 AM »
This thread needs to be returned. It's a legitimate bump. The project hasn't ended, there's been no news in a while, and it's highly anticipated. You people and your anti-revival attitude is completely retarded.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
well bumping a thread that has a project that hasn't seen any updates in months (to my knowledge) and is in the wrong section in the first place is pretty retarded, too. but i digress..

maybe someone should contact optomon & see what's going on?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »
"It was not by MY hand that i a once again given Posts... I was called here by... Forum users... Who wish to pay ME posts..."
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »
While thread Necromancy is not encouraged here I do think the given the nature of some of the threads i.e. ones that are about up-coming fan-made games, then I think it's safe to look the other way just for the game's sake. I was wondering what was going on with this game myself recently and I'm really looking forward to playing it once complete. Please tell me it's almost done!!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: