Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The REAL Castlevania Movie  (Read 42023 times)

Belmonto

Re: The REAL Castlevania Movie
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »
Well, it seems that I have ran out of questions :P

Just post any ideas, suggestions, etc. that you want to be collected
The collection process will end December 3rd

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2010, 09:37:54 AM »
Well, Alucard could also be a very easy solution for a movie.

Have the movie be about a female Belmont. She meets up with this odd, powerful dude that is hunted down by human like a monster but doesn't kill them when he defeats them, enlists for his help to hunt down Dracula, he turns her down muttering something like "can't kill dad" (insert slightly more epic quote here), she goes, Drac ultimately defeats her and captures her, boom shaka shaka the second half is about Alucard changing his mind and going down to free CuteChick™ from daddy.

Insert high octane fighting with Matrix moves since he's a vampire-like dude.

Insert ridicolously exaggerated final fight between Alucard and Dracula.

Have him being played by a buff, blonde, good  looking dude. Have him fight bare chested. At night. In the rain. Slow-mo.

I can already see the trailers.

Jokes aside, it's definitely not what I'd want from a CV movie, but it would definitely work from a commercial perspective, probably better than any attempt to make a relatable Belmont protagonist when nobody knows who Belmonts are.
It may be a paradox, it may be the Twilight effect, but a "vampire" would be a much, much easier to pull off protagonist.

Edit:

I mean, you pull off a slightly more "attractive" version of this:

Prince Nuada, the ultimate warrior Elf

and you can have him pull off the movie with barely any need of dialogue/character development. Once again, I'm speaking from a purely commercial perspective. I share the same fantasy of a wonderfully written saga of drama and introspection over vampirism and duty. Even if it's quite likely that a mindless action movie would be closer to the game's roots than anything else.

I'd watch it. I've never seen that movie but it's crazy how much that guy (at least when he's young in the beginning) looks like he could be Alucard. Alucard's my favorite Castlevania character but I still feel like there would have to be a Belmont in the movie. I've always wanted a Castlevania 3 themed movie. It's good because it's got more than one main character. They can BS some tension between them. Alucard and Trevor team up to kill Dracula. Sypha sleeps with Trevor. Grant cries and turns into that bandaged skeleton from Judgement.

Perfect movie

(just kidding about those last two parts)

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2010, 11:45:11 AM »
Simon is the Hero. Dracula is evil. Metal music. That's all I need  ;D
I never drink... wine...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »
In all honesty I don't know if we'll ever get a good CV movie. Vampire Hunter D was as close as we could possibly get for such an epic film. It is not castlevania, but it might as well be cause it was so good.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Belmonto

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
In all honesty I don't know if we'll ever get a good CV movie.

We will get it. Next year.
Your ideas and suggestions could make it even better!

Offline Richter

• Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Die, monster!
    • Project R Design
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »
Vampire Hunter D was as close as we could possibly get for such an epic film. It is not castlevania, but it might as well be cause it was so good.

-X

I agree. Bloodlust is particularly nice.

Belmonto

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2010, 08:38:54 AM »
WARNING: you have 3 days left!

If you want something to be added, hurry up
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:41:53 AM by Belmonto »

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2010, 02:07:24 AM »
Eduardo Falaschi - From the metal band "Angra", who has played the songs of the Saint Seya anime for South America. He will play as actor and some music will be provided by him, including their song "Nova Era", whose name was added to the subtitle of the movie.

Ok, u got a fan now
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

=============================================

Offline TheForthcoming01

• The Last Hero of youtube
  • Hunter in Training
  • The Forthcoming has arrived...
    • Rob's mysterious world
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
Awesome!

Thanks for posting thisbtw  ;D
Rob K.

Belmonto

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2010, 08:42:26 AM »
Eduardo Falaschi - Vocalist from the metal band "Angra"
who has played the songs of the Saint Seya anime for South America.
He will play as actor and some music will be provided by him,
including their song "Nova Era", whose name was added to the subtitle of the movie.

THAT'S AWESOME! JUST LISTEN

Angra - Heroes Of Sand
Angra - Nova Era (Live)

With his beautiful voice, great artist skills and gorgeous hair,
he could be acting as Alucard!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:44:36 AM by Belmonto »

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
Yeah I was going to say, just get that guy to play Alucard.

Offline CristopherLee

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2010, 11:16:53 AM »
About Alucard: I would like to see him as a comical character. But without making mock of him. I will explain my point...

In the Lord of the rings movies, the filmmakers transform Gimli into a comic character but making mock of him. They though that, the best way to make someone funny is making him stupid. I don't agree. When I read the original book, the only character that make me laugh is, actually, Gandalf with his brutal honestity. And, after the laughs, I still respect him for his wisdom and power.

Look at "The dark knight". The comic character is Alfred. And he his not a moron, but a very intelligent father figure. Look at "Conan the barbarian". The comic character is Subotai. And he is not a moron, but a very brave warrior.

I always find Alucard funny. Because his old-fashioned elegance, his ludicrous seriousness and his extremely pedantic language. But I still respect him for his ethics, his sword fighting skills, and his inner fight.

If you include a character like the son of Dracula in a movie, the easiest way to represent him is making him a troubled kid with daddy issues triying hard to be cool. You know, the kind of "twilight" character that EVERYBODY hates.

The thing is: a character can be funny AND cool at the same time.

And yes, I would love to see a "Lethal weapon" dynamic between Alucard and Simon. Why not? Long live to the "pulp" light hearted adventure.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:25:59 AM by CristopherLee »
I never drink... wine...

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
This is most likely going to be fantastic with the italians leniency towards gore and all the locations being at basically arms length. I didn't think it would be even remotely possible for a castlevania movie to do the series justice but now I have hope. (goes to watch The Beyond and City of The Living Dead)

I could write a coherent story for a CV movie that would work for the fans. I doubt anyone could write a story that would both please the fans and pass the scrutiny of the producers.

And that's precisely why fans need to be making a movie such as this for other members of the same fanbase. Maybe if Peter Jackson was doing it I might think it could be possible but like you said the complexity of the plot alone eats up  a lot of screen time and that's if they even stick to the established game canon. That was the problem with the next generation movies they kept trying to make them action extravaganzas to draw in more people but all we really wanted was just some adventure, exploration and a deep plot grounded in known and unproven science with the proper balance of action thrown in and the characters to act in line with their established personalities.

About Alucard: I would like to see him as a comical character. But without making mock of him. I will explain my point...

In the Lord of the rings movies, the filmmakers transform Gimli into a comic character but making mock of him. They though that, the best way to make someone funny is making him stupid. I don't agree. When I read the original book, the only character that make me laugh is, actually, Gandalf with his brutal honestity. And, after the laughs, I still respect him for his wisdom and power.

Greed corrupts all it touches. The best products are made out of love for the task at hand not want of currency. That's why I respect Peter Jackson. He makes what he desires. What he best feels the audience would like not what he can draw in the most crowds with to pump up the profits. And when a project is done superbly even if money was just an afterthought it will do well. Titanic is a good example. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 06:45:59 PM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline OrchidViperSCV4

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
dudes check the facts, Edu Falaschi will play some music like "Nova Era", not actor
http://castlevaniafan.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Killer_Nova_Era
maybe after this discussion, they will ask to Edu his participation like actor...maybe?
While Ben Isaac will play like actor as wolfman, don't forget Ben is also a guest star,
1° cause he was the first one to shooting video named Castlevania Prelude to war (He composed also the music that you hear in this trailer)
Ben Isaac Castlevania Prelude of War 2004 (2nd trailer)
and
2° he composed Noir for Hellboy 2 The Golden Army directed by Guillermo Del Toro (Blade director)
Noir [Hellboy II] (Red Is For Fire)
and
you can see also Ben in a little part inside hollywood movie named Spider Man directed by Sam Raimi (Ben appear during Wrestling part scene, Peter against Bones as wrestler fan)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2265397/bio
This Castlevania fan production is very cool!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:21:03 AM by OrchidViperSCV4 »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »
I remember Ben Isaac.

He actually posted news about the old "Prelude to War" Movie here, years ago.
I have the DVD of that, actually.

Most interesting.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: