Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The REAL Castlevania Movie  (Read 42268 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
I really wouldn't be able to see Patrick Stewart's similarity unless the in-game Zobek were also bald. It's a trick of my eyes.

But Jason and Robert, definitely.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2010, 09:08:43 PM »

+

+

=
WIN
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:10:32 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Rockerskull

• Awards
Re: The REAL Castlevania Movie
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2010, 07:53:42 AM »
I really wouldn't be able to see Patrick Stewart's similarity unless the in-game Zobek were also bald. It's a trick of my eyes.

But Jason and Robert, definitely.

LOS dam game, I prefer old directors sure cause Castlevania is good in 2D, anyway about LOS, Have they fixed error where the saved gamedata gets erased?
LOL
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:58:24 AM by Rockerskull »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2010, 08:00:42 AM »
LOS dam game, I prefer old directors sure cause Castlevania is good in 2D, anyway about LOS, Have they fixed error where the saved gamedata gets erased?
LOL
Yeah, Troll.

Offline Rockerskull

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
Yeah, Troll.

good for you Troll, and...why is it the more that I play Lords of Shadow I really want to be playing Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness? The mighty PS3 and 30, all this power and the game doesn't come close to these games. The music is not there, the mood is not there, the atmosphere is just not Castlevania. Add to that no map, no killer soundtracks, no control over the camera, and what happened to buying items at shops? That has always been a Castlevania trademark? PLEASE get the game back on track!

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2010, 08:07:42 AM »

By the way ,Ahasverus, what happened with castlemaniacs? xD

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
No Alucard.
That character is very difficult to adapt, for him to be treated fairly he should be explored in dept, all his sorrow, internal confilct and stuff, however making a movie/game full of that would be little less than emo. I think Alucard is the kind of character that could be the spotlight in litterature... and only there; a CVgame/movie with the whole "I killed my father but I loved him" thing, neccesary to fully define Alucard by what he is, would be ridiculous in itself, emo as hell and kinda tasteless if badly managed, and let's accept it, Konami's writers are not preccissely Nobel-winners.

Good Luck Cox trying to upt it besides SImon Belmont next time and make it work in 20 hours. 2hours for Alucard in a movie? lol

Well, Alucard could also be a very easy solution for a movie.

Have the movie be about a female Belmont. She meets up with this odd, powerful dude that is hunted down by human like a monster but doesn't kill them when he defeats them, enlists for his help to hunt down Dracula, he turns her down muttering something like "can't kill dad" (insert slightly more epic quote here), she goes, Drac ultimately defeats her and captures her, boom shaka shaka the second half is about Alucard changing his mind and going down to free CuteChick™ from daddy.

Insert high octane fighting with Matrix moves since he's a vampire-like dude.

Insert ridicolously exaggerated final fight between Alucard and Dracula.

Have him being played by a buff, blonde, good  looking dude. Have him fight bare chested. At night. In the rain. Slow-mo.

I can already see the trailers.

Jokes aside, it's definitely not what I'd want from a CV movie, but it would definitely work from a commercial perspective, probably better than any attempt to make a relatable Belmont protagonist when nobody knows who Belmonts are.
It may be a paradox, it may be the Twilight effect, but a "vampire" would be a much, much easier to pull off protagonist.

Edit:

I mean, you pull off a slightly more "attractive" version of this:

Prince Nuada, the ultimate warrior Elf

and you can have him pull off the movie with barely any need of dialogue/character development. Once again, I'm speaking from a purely commercial perspective. I share the same fantasy of a wonderfully written saga of drama and introspection over vampirism and duty. Even if it's quite likely that a mindless action movie would be closer to the game's roots than anything else.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:26:55 AM by Valtiel »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
good for you Troll, and...why is it the more that I play Lords of Shadow I really want to be playing Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness? The mighty PS3 and 30, all this power and the game doesn't come close to these games. The music is not there, the mood is not there, the atmosphere is just not Castlevania. Add to that no map, no killer soundtracks, no control over the camera, and what happened to buying items at shops? That has always been a Castlevania trademark? PLEASE get the game back on track!
No one takes you seriously, go away to harmony of despair thread or something, you lost me with this

hat happened to buying items at shops? That has always been a Castlevania trademark?
Oh Yeah sure... CV I had soo many shops, also CVIII, and IV, and RoB and BloodLines and Adventure and Belmont's revenge... you like SOTN kid? lol

By the way ,Ahasverus, what happened with castlemaniacs? xD
Someone stole the money to pay the server :P It will be back soon.. kinda soon.. december I think - sad news but it's fine, there are no news at this moment and people, with difference of here, is really, really pleased with LoS so the whole discussion became "I love it because of this, I love it because of that" and, let's accept it, it became tiresome  :P Let's hope DLC packs to get announced soon and so when CManiacs were back we had something to discuss :) but thanks for asking! ^^
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:23:29 AM by Ahasverus »

Offline Rockerskull

• Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »
No one takes you seriously, go away to harmony of despair thread or something, you lost me with this

YOU GO AWAY, CAUSE U DON'T UNDERSTAND NOTHING ABOUT CASTLEVANIA, ANYCASE MANY FANS TOLD BEFORE ME, LOS IT'S A BAD GAME

should have been it's own game and story, this game is just not Castlevania. It's a little maybe good game for other title, don't get me wrong, but it just does not have what Lament and Curse had...I hope the rest of the fans admit it and speak up, cause you are fake!
and no problem I don't say more, cause other fans will speak soon, bye retar... dude  ;D

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »
ANYCASE MANY FANS TOLD BEFORE ME, LOS IT'S A BAD GAME
So you haven't played it?
:Realises this is the movie thread:

So guys, if we had a movie, what would you it to be like? An origin story or treating the fight as an "absolute"?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
I'm finding trouble figuring out what the hell is going on in this last page.
...but I don't like it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2010, 01:35:19 AM »
I'm finding trouble figuring out what the hell is going on in this last page.
...but I don't like it.

It's the Hellboy trailer. I know, it's unsettling  ;D .

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2010, 04:28:40 AM »
I'm talking about the random asshattery an flaming, not the video...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Valtiel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »
I'm talking about the random asshattery an flaming, not the video...

I know, I know, I'm trying to lower the tension...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2010, 07:34:19 AM »
Oh alright.  Carry on, then. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: