Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mortal Kombat 9  (Read 21950 times)

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Mortal Kombat 9
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »
Rumors says Netherrealm studios and Warner brothers are ready to officially announce, the rumored Mortal Kombat HD Kollection tomorrow, the game will be released in March and will have a playable demo of the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot game, the rumors also states that we should expect a new Mortal Kombat trailer that will focuse on the story mode, showcasing various cutscenes from the game.

And this is from the official twitter: ? Big week coming up, need to save our strength. Tuesday might break the Internet ?

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
So far they posted only video with Noob Saibot's gameplay.
And seems that's all for tuesday.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
So far they posted only video with Noob Saibot's gameplay.
And seems that's all for tuesday.
Yep, it seems it was just a rumor, Btw... The Noob trailer is really good, i like what they did with his moves set...

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Mortal Kombat 9
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
I hate the mortal kombat series, but if anything this is probably going to be the best one. It at least looks balanced from the footage and pretty fun I guess. I probably won't get it, but if any of my bud's get it I guess i'll play :/
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
Same boat here. The MK series has been pretty bad for a long, long time, and I'm not buying this one either, but that Kung Lao fatality had me pretty surprised. That was really gruesome...a far cry from the cartoonish pull-your-skeleton-out-of-your-mouth fatalities they've been doing for years. It was awesome.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »
Well one of the main problems with previous MK games was mostly in part having to do with Midway themselves, and not so much Ed Boon and his staff.

When I refer to Midway and Ed Boon and his development staff, I am referring to Midway as a company who is sets the budget and development period that Boon and his team adhere to within set amount.

Midway gave development team extremely limited budgets and short development times (Midway wasn't exactly most profitable company and thus could not offer as much freedoms)

Warner Brothers however is a multi-billion dollar corporation and has given Netherrealm Studios a much bigger budget then any MK game in the past, Not to mention this particular MK game has been in development for 3 years (far longer then any MK game to date), and the time and money involved is showing the quality of the game thus far.

This new MK is obviously good enough to get a pass as as one of the main events at EVO 2011 and not merely side event (Something that has NEVER happened before, making this the first time an MK as a main tournament). MK has already had a playable build at PAX and most of those that played that build left with an extremely positive impression and the game was largely unfinished with only 10 characters (out of the 26 currently rumored)

There is no telling how much more improved the game gets with the additional characters included not available in the build at PAX and further balancing done as it we get closer to it's release date in April.

No game ever gets accepted as a main event at EVO without some sort of testimony of it's actual quality as a competitive viable and playable game, The EVO directors and staff at SRK are quite strict in deciding what game makes a showing for the main line up each year. It's not like they put a bunch of names in a hat and pick randomly.

If the directors of the one of the biggest competitive fighting game tournaments in the world think this new MK is good enough to be one of the MAIN tournaments at EVO, then that should speak well enough for the game in regards to it as actual decent fighting game.

One of the best things to ever have happened to the MK series is Midway closing it's doors and Warner Bros. purchasing Midway's remaining franchises. The fact that the competitive fighting game community is taking this game more seriously then any other MK game in the past is just a testament to this.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 12:10:02 PM »
Mortal Kombat Demo will be avaible next week for PS plus and the following week for regular PSN members... It will feature Sub Zero, Scorpion, Mileena and Johnny Cage and 2 Stages The Pit and The Living Forest.

No X360 release... ;D

Oh! And here's the new trailer for the new Challenge Tower Mode.
Mortal Kombat: Challenge Tower Exclusive This looks really cool and funny... The more i see about this game the more i like...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:11:41 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:16:51 PM »
Looks pretty cool... i hope the fighting doesn't suck.

Offline danceofgold

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Looks really fun, I like the way they inject a sense of humour into the game, although some of the missions look a little stupid (headless combat?)  The graphics look beautiful too. I'm glad MK has come a long way since the 90s.

Offline Keldor

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »
I cannot wait for this game. Its about time mk goes back to it's roots. Gore!
Bnl4life

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »
I haven't been this interested in a Mortal Kombat game since...the early 90's.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
Well one of the main problems with previous MK games was mostly in part having to do with Midway themselves, and not so much Ed Boon and his staff.

When I refer to Midway and Ed Boon and his development staff, I am referring to Midway as a company who is sets the budget and development period that Boon and his team adhere to within set amount.

Midway gave development team extremely limited budgets and short development times (Midway wasn't exactly most profitable company and thus could not offer as much freedoms)

Warner Brothers however is a multi-billion dollar corporation and has given Netherrealm Studios a much bigger budget then any MK game in the past, Not to mention this particular MK game has been in development for 3 years (far longer then any MK game to date), and the time and money involved is showing the quality of the game thus far.

This new MK is obviously good enough to get a pass as as one of the main events at EVO 2011 and not merely side event (Something that has NEVER happened before, making this the first time an MK as a main tournament). MK has already had a playable build at PAX and most of those that played that build left with an extremely positive impression and the game was largely unfinished with only 10 characters (out of the 26 currently rumored)

There is no telling how much more improved the game gets with the additional characters included not available in the build at PAX and further balancing done as it we get closer to it's release date in April.

No game ever gets accepted as a main event at EVO without some sort of testimony of it's actual quality as a competitive viable and playable game, The EVO directors and staff at SRK are quite strict in deciding what game makes a showing for the main line up each year. It's not like they put a bunch of names in a hat and pick randomly.

If the directors of the one of the biggest competitive fighting game tournaments in the world think this new MK is good enough to be one of the MAIN tournaments at EVO, then that should speak well enough for the game in regards to it as actual decent fighting game.

One of the best things to ever have happened to the MK series is Midway closing it's doors and Warner Bros. purchasing Midway's remaining franchises. The fact that the competitive fighting game community is taking this game more seriously then any other MK game in the past is just a testament to this.

Everything you just said destroys my perception of a corporation like Warner Bros but they are getting this one right. Damn right! The game looks really good from a game play standpoint. The tag team element looks light years more appealing than any Capcom machination I have seen. The X-ray special is classic and brilliant. They put thought into this one and if Warner Bros likes to make $$$ they will continue to listen to fans and improve their market development. This game is gonna be tits. Hellatits!!!

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »
that Kung Lao fatality had me pretty surprised. That was really gruesome...a far cry from the cartoonish pull-your-skeleton-out-of-your-mouth fatalities they've been doing for years. It was awesome.
Let's see if they have the balls (heh) to let him do that to female characters too.

I'm pretty sure they won't. I mean, Johnny Cage couldn't do his crotch strike against women. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:44:22 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure they won't. I mean, Johnny Cage couldn't do his crotch strike against women.
Johhny Cage CAN do this special move against women.
More than that - his X-Ray involves several pucnhes like that.

Tags:

anything