Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: His name is Simmon Beaumont, that is the name of yourself  (Read 22551 times)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Re: His name is Simmon Beaumont, that is the name of yourself
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »
And suddenly, the thread turned into a "How Simon could beat up Gabriel and vice-versa" bonanza.

Goodnight everybody.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
And suddenly, the thread turned into a "How Simon could beat up Gabriel

He could, though.

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
And then Gabriel was a zombie.

Offline Belmondo

• A Miserable Little Pile of Secrets
  • Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:49 PM »
I think we should play as Simon in a Lords of Shadow sequel, and take on Dracula. Like a Castlevania game.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:28 AM »
He could, though.

CouldNOTinfinity!  I win.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 04:12:58 AM »
Gabriel is Dracula
...so pretty much every protagonist from a past Castlevania game could kick Gabes butt ;D

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 08:16:04 AM »
I wouldn't mind another Simon game, but I think I rather have another Juste game.
What a beautiful man.

if they did make another simon game though, i'd like them to return to CV1's design principles. rhythmic and deliberate, weighty and restrained.

Offline paulstanley

• Prince of Hearts
  • Hunter in Training
  • Love isn't sorrow and pain
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
If they did make another Juste game, I'd like to have a very heavy focus on decorating. There should be a larger room and you can get a lot of furniture. Then you can choose to have Juste decorate it for you (pre-set) or place the furniture yourself, wherever you want to. Of course, Juste's tastes are sublime, so the pre-set function would be superior. The furniture should exceed 100 original items or so, so that there is no shortage of variety in decoration. Oh also, you can interact with the furniture and invite friends to your room.

I'm not sure how the rest of the game should be like. Maybe a quest to get as many furniture as you can, because the whole "hunt Dracula" thing would be redundant at this point.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:15 AM »
if they did make another simon game though, i'd like them to return to CV1's design principles. rhythmic and deliberate, weighty and restrained.

The bandanna and the rocking cock hair was cool, but the SQ armor is the coolest thing he ever wore. If I designed him, I'd combine his look from CV and CV2.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 10:16:34 AM »
^ I think he's talking about the gameplay.  I think  ;D

I'm pretty sure it's mine.   

Listen, darling. I know I've made some mistakes in the past, but don't forget all of the good times. I don't want to fight anymore. I'm sorry, and I'm humbling myself in front of everyone to prove it : [
I didn't know you'd be upset.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Successor taking things other people made? Sound right to me. Brings back old memories. Looks like he's still up to the same old crap, and never learned his lesson.

On topic: has there ever been a SotN+ style ACCURATE sprite of Simon in his CV2 (box art/manual/whatever) outfit?

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »
Successor taking things other people made? Sound right to me. Brings back old memories. Looks like he's still up to the same old crap, and never learned his lesson.

On topic: has there ever been a SotN+ style ACCURATE sprite of Simon in his CV2 (box art/manual/whatever) outfit?

No SotN sprite, but someone did do a 3D model using Simon's CV2 armor.  Compare the following....

Please. Remember bitter memories in Castlevania.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:36:13 PM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 02:37:39 PM »
I would love a new game with Simon in it. He was always my favorite Belmont, heck I would go for a remake of Super Castlevania IV.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 03:23:05 PM »
I would love a new game with Simon in it. He was always my favorite Belmont, heck I would go for a remake of Super Castlevania IV.
Sure and why not make it 3D with LoS graphics.  Combat would be similar to LoI in that all you would have is a whip as the main weapon with two types of attacks (weak and controlled, powerful and wild) and of course the classic subweapons.  No complex combos and plenty of swinging like the original.  And, of course, it would be stage by stage like LoS.  No arena combat like LoS.

This should be the epitome of 3D classicvania and also will likely be very well received by CV fans.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
but someone did do a 3D model using Simon's CV2 armor

Dracula Belmont's armour is red with gold lining
That’s about the only real similarities that I’m seeing
A 3d model inspired by CV2’s armour would be more accurate
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:06:38 PM by C Belmont »

Tags:

anything