Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 80216 times)

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
If the older games meet your expectations, just play them again. I'd rather take something with new ideas even if it stumbles on the way, as opposed to a rehash content to languish in safe, predictable mediocrity.

Which isn't that easy to ask from a borderline-niche series with a quarter-century of baggage, but whatever. I want to see people at least try.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
If the older games meet your expectations, just play them again. I'd rather take something with new ideas even if it stumbles on the way, as opposed to a rehash content to languish in safe, predictable mediocrity.

Which isn't that easy to ask from a borderline-niche series with a quarter-century of baggage, but whatever. I want to see people at least try.

Words of wisdom. However, the day and age we live in is the era of remakes. In the video game industry, film industry... Hell, every industry. Honestly, it's more appealing to see a Metroidvania remake of Castlevania III with a full story included with Ayami's awesome art rather than a brand new Metroidvania with cliche'd main characters, bland personalities, dull twists and terrible artwork (*cough*PoR*cough*)

Of course, I played the hell outta the game anyway. So as long as its Castlevania, it appeals to me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
Was Order of Ecclesia bad? No. So let's hope for a Metroidvania in the same way! Few hours and we'll know.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
OoE was a giant step in the right direction. I only hope they continue to build on that and not revert to the usual crap.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
OOE was good, in terms of gameplay, graphics and difficulty. But the characters are bland, and the story a bit silly if you ask me. There's still a lot of work to do in that department.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
I was more referring to PoR and DoS. I loved OoE.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
I dunno, I really liked Shanoa. It was a bummer she was almost entirely 1-dimensional, but oh well. So was Simon, and everyone still loves him.

I'd really like to see another game along the lines of OoE as well. But I'd really love to see a 2D game with Leon Belmont, or even Gabriel Belmont. Leon's 2D sprite from PoR was a huge tease.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
10 minutes to go.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:40 PM »
Id be interested in seeing how Gabriel Belmont handles in 2D. (I imagine much like the animated move sketches in the book)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »
No Castlevania announcements besides new DLC for LoS. Nothing was shown, just mentioned.

This conference blew, I expected funny not professional. :(

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
I had no idea they were making another Silent Hill movie, and especially not one based around Heather. That actress is a dead-ringer for her.
Otherwise, yeah, the video blew. Peace Walker is getting an HD re-release as part of a collection less than a year after it was released and a new Contra was hinted at the end. I guess that's the one Cox-kun said he wanted to do. I just hope it's not a wholly derivative affair.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »
They knew they couldn't top last years so they went the safe route and pre recorded it, and yeah sad that there was no news concerning Castlevania.

But hey look on the bright side ZOMG ZOE HD COLLECTION!!!!!!!10101
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:10:26 PM by Kingshango »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2011, 06:06:55 PM »
Now that will be interesting, considering how hard to find the second one is.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »
Now that will be interesting, considering how hard to find the second one is.

I wanted to love that game so badly, but I just couldn't get past the mech designs. The cockpit was literally in the "cock" pit. All you'd have to do to win the fight is kick your opponent in the junk. It would crush his their entire body.

The Johnny Cage Mech would destroy all!
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
Well, I expected this much. Oh well, looks like I didn't miss much. Seems like there was a lot of lag in the video too. Many people complained on Facebook about that.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Tags:

anything