Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 80438 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »
So when is Konami going to show their new stuff? Or have they already done that?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »
After seing so much promotion of metal gear from Konami, all i can say is..........Konami? Konami??? Konamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii :P (You are dead)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2011, 12:47:43 PM »
Funny how the IGA hate is intense any other time, but now we haven't had a 2D game in a while people are begging for IGA to return.

Personally he was getting back on the right track with OoE. I really want to see what he'd do next, hopefully for the better. Never really hated the guy at all, and I don't particularly understand the massive hate he gets. I guess that's what you get for being the figurehead of a series.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2011, 01:21:10 PM »
In all honesty, I'm a serious IGA fan. Mainly cuz SotN is what drew me back into the series and since then IGA's been in charge of almost every game. I don't really want someone else in charge of the series, not until IGA retires from the game business. The guy's got the potential to give us another 5-10 years of CV games.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
So when is Konami going to show their new stuff? Or have they already done that?
They aren't. Game over, as far as this year's E3 is concerned.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
Damn, I'm really worried now. 

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
Why are you worried, Nagu-sama? Castlevania is big budget series now, with Mr. Araujo making fantastic music, excellent graphics & mind-bending scenario. Now with Twitter, we will always be in-the-know with Cox tweeting all the time. Leagues beyond whatever eeguh offered...

2D CV survives via HD on ps3. Is that not enough?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »
yes but

goblins

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
Semi-surprised that there wasn't anything CV related at E3. I mean, yes, LOS is still wrapping itself up with DLC, but I thought maybe Japan was working on something on the side...even something like Rebirth 2, a compilation game, or some Virtual Console releases (Dracula XX or Bloodlines?). Now, I'm not big on IGA, but I just figured the different direction of LOS would inspire Konami of Japan to rethink their approach as well and offer something more classic Castlevania-centric.

But you know what's really shocking about E3. The random next-gen Contra reveal...and then no footage of said game--just a logo. I'm not sure if that made much sense to build hype in vain like that. Maybe TGS will have it? For that matter, Contra 3DS has been announced for months, and not a peep or screen from that. And finally, since Konami bought Hudson, I wonder if they put the ax on Bomberman 3DS, which looked to be the most promising Bomberman single player offering since the N64 days. Hmm. :-\

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:32 PM »
Hudson's dead, and Konami's locking Bomberman, Bonk and Master Higgins in the basement and throwing away the key. Again, Konami's made of major suckage, more lately than usual. Oddly enough, they are making Square Enix look like geniuses.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:10 PM »
Just like I said, we have to wait for TGS for stuff like Castlevania.

For LOS, Gamescon.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:12 PM »
Hudson's dead, and Konami's locking Bomberman, Bonk and Master Higgins in the basement and throwing away the key. Again, Konami's made of major suckage, more lately than usual. Oddly enough, they are making Square Enix look like geniuses.

And at the same time making Capcom look like gods in comparison, there are more Capcom games im looking forward too than Konami games, even..........DMC.......yeah you heard me, DM Fucking C!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »
I don't believe you. Nobody is looking forward to DmC.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »
I don't believe you. Nobody is looking forward to DmC.

lol. What I don't get there is that the new trailer shows its the same darn game as the old DMC, just with a different visual style. Talk about a reboot for no good reason.  >:( :rollseyes:

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: June 08, 2011, 03:09:21 PM »
Indeed. after seeing the gameplay it looks exactly the same cept the producer or whatever just put in his epeen to show off. Maybe a few changes but its more or less the same.

Don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it doesn't seem as bad as I was thinking. The story will prolly suck but it was never good anyway.

Tags: