Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 79796 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »
It would be interesting if it's true. I once had an idea for a CV that would be both 3D and 2D, handled in the way like Goonies 2 was. The 2D castle would have, about, 3 layers to it(Goonies 2 had 2 layers), and would be connected by doors you enter, and the transition would switch into 3D mode where you're going into the hallways on way to the other layers(different than Goonies 2's Shadowgate-esque first-person room exploration/transition). I also thought it would be cool if some bosses where fought in 2D, and others fought in 3D(entering the boss rooms in 2D would immediately transition into a full 3D room and bosses would be fought like LoI or LoS, then after the boss is defeated, the room reverts back into 2D).

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
Obviously, I want to see a new Castlevania. A dracula's curse remake is at the top of my want list, but I would love to see konami make a new gradius and a twinbee
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »
A new CV game, please! :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
It would be interesting if it's true. I once had an idea for a CV that would be both 3D and 2D, handled in the way like Goonies 2 was. The 2D castle would have, about, 3 layers to it(Goonies 2 had 2 layers), and would be connected by doors you enter, and the transition would switch into 3D mode where you're going into the hallways on way to the other layers(different than Goonies 2's Shadowgate-esque first-person room exploration/transition). I also thought it would be cool if some bosses where fought in 2D, and others fought in 3D(entering the boss rooms in 2D would immediately transition into a full 3D room and bosses would be fought like LoI or LoS, then after the boss is defeated, the room reverts back into 2D).

A few years back, i was having the same ideas as you!!!

Now if this is going to be true(and i really wish it is)then i might forgive Konami and come back on board their ship...... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Until this guy is proven right, I'm going to assume he be trolling. Especially with the pretty much unanimous shittiness of the pre E3 conference.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
Until this guy is proven right, I'm going to assume he be trolling. Especially with the pretty much unanimous shittiness of the pre E3 conference.
I don't think no rumor could live up to the whole Dual Moons bit. LOL! That one even got national exposure on the BIG gaming sites, as well as gaming magazines! Damn, for being fake as shit, I can't help to smile at that one.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »
Here's everything he's claiming...

Copy and paste the url into your browser, because I guess this board resized the image. :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
I'm hoping it's true, but seriously doubting it as well.

If it were true, that would mean that Konami generated zero anticipation during its pre-E3 conference (not even a hint or allusion of any kind??) to get fans excited for its CV reveal at E3. To me, that would make the company incompetent or lazy (or both!).

I was just hoping they'd throw us some kind of bone last Thursday, especially with the series making a move to increase its fanbase with LoS.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2011, 02:06:25 AM »
There are some nice announcements, if it's true.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
If that stuff is true, I'll be buying this Nintendo thing day 1. Also very excited for a new CV. Let's hope it's all true

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »
oh good, a rumor to get the mind whirling.  more paintings?  interesting idea, not sure if i'd really want it at this point after jumping in paintings in PoR and a magical book in HD.  its been a while now since we've had an "all in the castle" game, i'm more in the mood for one of those now.  after they make said game, i'd be all for jumping into paintings again.  but if it works, guess i won't complain too much.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »
Maybe its a collection of older games and that's the menu, and the "paintings" are the game select screen... How fantastic would that be?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »
Reminds me of Megaman Anniversary Collection's menu. Just that was kinda crappily done.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
Maybe its a collection of older games and that's the menu, and the "paintings" are the game select screen... How fantastic would that be?

If they're remakes of older games (or even just graphical upgrades), I won't mind. I still prefer a newer adventure.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2011, 05:10:57 AM »
Reminds me of Megaman Anniversary Collection's menu. Just that was kinda crappily done.
Anniversary collection's menu was still way better than Both X collection or Zero Collection's menus.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything