Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Uh oh, looks like the hackers are at it again  (Read 10113 times)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Uh oh, looks like the hackers are at it again
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:08:38 PM »
http://gear.ign.com/articles/117/1172436p1.html
Well done Sony, well done. You have successfully lost my and probably thousands of others trust. Give yourself a pat on the back, you are fucked. Oh well, at least the welcome back package is still up....but very glitchy and full of errors where downloads miraculously disappear....boy oh boy Sony's on a role ain't it?! Honestly, was anyone surprised about this?
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Uh oh, looks like the hackers are at it again
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
I just think these hackers need to stop their bullshit. If you got a major problem with something like a company, that's fine, but when it effects millions of people, that's just messed up. These dicks just need to stop
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »
Okay, son of a *expletive*. This is seriously pissing me off. It's not Sony I'm pissed at this time. It's the hackers. They're jerks and deserved to be burned alive like Lisa. :\
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »
I wonder what would be the reaction if it were Microsoft getting hacked. Hmmm?

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:27:38 AM »

Well, considering I own a 360 also, and Harmony of Despair isn't on PSN yet (though it was confirmed)... I'd be pretty pissed still.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »
I think the hackers was paid from microsoft to hack sony. Woulda explain alot for me. lol ^^

Okay, son of a *expletive*. This is seriously pissing me off. It's not Sony I'm pissed at this time. It's the hackers. They're jerks and deserved to be burned alive like Lisa. :\

errr. How can u not be pissed on sony? I mean, its their job to save all our things from hackers. So i really dont get you...
Are u gonna pissed on a bandit who stole most of your thinks or are u pissed of the, lets say 10 police officer´s, who are right there and just watch and not do their job for what they get paid...?
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:58:08 AM »
I understand that there are people out there that are better than a company's security service (and believe me, I know), and sometimes that person is so good the company can't stop them. But why do they seriously have to do it again.

What I don't get is why everyone assumes Sony's just not doing anything about it. People need to understand, there are people out there who are better than the companies. :\

EDIT: I just realize how badly I worded my original post. o.o

Here's what I meant: [Okay, son of a *expletive*. This is seriously pissing me off. It's not just Sony I'm pissed at........]

There. That's what I meant. My bad.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:22:34 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »
I understand that there are people out there that are better than a company's security service (and believe me, I know), and sometimes that person is so good the company can't stop them. But why do they seriously have to do it again.

What I don't get is why everyone assumes Sony's just not doing anything about it. People need to understand, there are people out there who are better than the companies. :\

EDIT: I just realize how badly I worded my original post. o.o

Here's what I meant: [Okay, son of a *expletive*. This is seriously pissing me off. It's not just Sony I'm pissed at........]

There. That's what I meant. My bad.

ok. my bad too ^^
I already sold my whole Ps3 collection cuz of that a few days ago. And still need that money lol ( 34games + Console = 650€)
thought i will get like 200€ (still old games u would never play again such pes 08,09,10. etc...lol)
Was about to get a xbox...but i hate that controller. looks like i will stick around with my pc and the wii meanwhile :/

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 06:35:18 AM »
ok. my bad too ^^
I already sold my whole Ps3 collection cuz of that a few days ago. And still need that money lol ( 34games + Console = 650€)
thought i will get like 200€ (still old games u would never play again such pes 08,09,10. etc...lol)
Was about to get a xbox...but i hate that controller. looks like i will stick around with my pc and the wii meanwhile :/

Xbox 360 isn't a bad idea. It's online service is better than Sony's (as in, no hackingnessness), but the online service isn't free. The controller, while it is bad, it's an improvement from the hulking mass that was the original Xbox's controller. Plus, this one will eventually grow on you. (Not literally, and note that the d-pad on the Xbox controller is terrible).

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 07:17:51 AM »
Xbox 360 isn't a bad idea. It's online service is better than Sony's (as in, no hackingnessness), but the online service isn't free. The controller, while it is bad, it's an improvement from the hulking mass that was the original Xbox's controller. Plus, this one will eventually grow on you. (Not literally, and note that the d-pad on the Xbox controller is terrible).

I play often xbox when im visiting a friend of mine. Playing Black Ops or Test Drive...I always need like 20minutes to handle this controller. And i never had problems to handle a controller except xbox one...Its so big...used a psx controller since ps1 came out. So its a mess with the xbox colors for me.lol  And the 2 sticks looks like they just put it on a free place. The controller is already a game for me...
But ya...online service looks very good to me.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »
Well, in my opinion, I like the placement of the sticks on the 360, it's just more convenient on a PS3. And PS3's got a better d-pad.

Online service is great and easy to use, but for the interesting stuff and the ability to play online, you gotta pay. I guess that's one reason its not as hackable.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
Well if Microsoft did the same thing as Sony where not only would they get hacked once, they would promise protection and then get hacked again then yeah I would be infuriated with them. Don't think I'm a Microsoft fan boy, I treat all consoles equally with their own advantages and disadvantages. Now Sony's disadvantage with me is that they can't be trusted with protecting personal info.
I play often xbox when im visiting a friend of mine. Playing Black Ops or Test Drive...I always need like 20minutes to handle this controller. And i never had problems to handle a controller except xbox one...Its so big...used a psx controller since ps1 came out. So its a mess with the xbox colors for me.lol  And the 2 sticks looks like they just put it on a free place. The controller is already a game for me...
But ya...online service looks very good to me.
You CAN get 3rd party controllers that are sometimes way better than the stock 1st party controllers.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
You CAN get 3rd party controllers that are sometimes way better than the stock 1st party controllers.

This exactly. They have some that are modded and put in the style of PS3 controls, even with a better d-pad. I can't afford one though, sadly.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
Well if Microsoft did the same thing as Sony where not only would they get hacked once, they would promise protection and then get hacked again then yeah I would be infuriated with them. Don't think I'm a Microsoft fan boy, I treat all consoles equally with their own advantages and disadvantages. Now Sony's disadvantage with me is that they can't be trusted with protecting personal info.You CAN get 3rd party controllers that are sometimes way better than the stock 1st party controllers.

Im not into 3rd Party Controllers. Got one for GameCube, but that one still sucks. 5€ lol well enough for 2nd player ^^°
anyways, u may can tell me some good 3rd party thingys? ^^

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
Im not into 3rd Party Controllers. Got one for GameCube, but that one still sucks. 5€ lol well enough for 2nd player ^^°
anyways, u may can tell me some good 3rd party thingys? ^^

3rd party video games. Like Castlevania. I dunno if that counts, though.

Tags:

anything