Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [New Track!] Eclipse of War - 1999 Julius Belmont Game(!!!)  (Read 11120 times)

Offline geoff429

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
Blog is here! http://projectjulius.tumblr.com/

Hello there my beloved Castlevania community. Were you disappointed that there were no great Castlevania announcements at E3? Still trying to hum along to Lords of Shadow's forgettable soundtrack? Are you hoping that one day the 1999 Julius Belmont Castlevania-to-end-all will be released?

Face it. It's not going to happen.

Thus, I have begun my latest scoring project: a soundtrack to the Julius Belmont game. It's an ambitious project for sure, but I thought I'd give it a shot. At the moment I'm working on a couple of tracks, but I'm a busy guy, so I can only work on it when I have the time. Its my goal to have a full soundtrack. I'll also probably set up a blog of some sort to share my progress and compositional techniques.

For now, I have one track for you entitled "Eclipse of War." The track is what I envision to be the opening FMV/movie. It's short, but EPIC. We all know that the War of 1999 is huge, and I want to express that in the soundtrack.

Anyway, that's all for now. ENJOY.

Link: http://soundcloud.com/geoffreygunn/eclipse-of-war

As always, thanks for listening guys.
- Geoff.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:37:00 PM by geoff429 »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: [New Track!] Eclipse of War - 1999 Julius Belmont Game(!!!)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
Nice! That's pretty amazing, and I actually imagined an intro playing. ^.^

I just downloaded your Bloodstained Symphony soundtrack, and I listened to it. Refresh the page and find another track from you. Good job, man. I really like your stuff. :D
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
pretty neat.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
Very Castlevania "DS"-ish, but good none the less.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
Very nice. Maybe this'll inspire someone to actually make a game for it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
Nice beginning  ;) You should also include some modern day music styles as well but keeping them within line of the CV constant. Since it is 1999 such times should also reflect the music as well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
Nice beginning  ;) You should also include some modern day music styles as well but keeping them within line of the CV constant. Since it is 1999 such times should also reflect the music as well.
Hey "X", did you see the new CV tracks my bud put up on my Vamprotector thread? http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=3623.15

Hey Geoff, have you started any design ideas for your Julius Belmont game yet?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »
Hey "X", did you see the new CV tracks my bud put up on my Vamprotector thread?

I'll knuckle down and do this  ;)

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »
Wow, very nice sound. Loving it. :)

BTW, what gear/VST do you use? The samples sound very good.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
I've been listening to this for the past half hour :o Mr. Gunn, you are tha man! This is really really good :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline geoff429

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »
Wow, very nice sound. Loving it. :)

BTW, what gear/VST do you use? The samples sound very good.

Thanks!

I use Logic studio as my DAW. As for sound libraries, I use LA Scoring strings, EWQL Orchestra Gold, and various percussion libraries.

Offline geoff429

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

There will definitely be some modern influences in the soundtrack, be it rock and/or techno. However, I am going for a more cinematic direction in the soundtrack. Something that Oscar Araujo did right with Lords of Shadow was creating a sweeping film-like score. I'm going to continue the trend, but have several nods to the previous Castlevania soundtracks. Think Hans Zimmer meets Michiru Yamane, but of course I have my own compositional voice as well. It would be rather dishonest artistically to simply copy someone else's style, which I am guilty of doing in The Bloodstained Symphony.

Also, there will be plenty of pipe organ. ;)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »
There will definitely be some modern influences in the soundtrack, be it rock and/or techno. However, I am going for a more cinematic direction in the soundtrack. Something that Oscar Araujo did right with Lords of Shadow was creating a sweeping film-like score. I'm going to continue the trend, but have several nods to the previous Castlevania soundtracks. Think Hans Zimmer meets Michiru Yamane, but of course I have my own compositional voice as well. It would be rather dishonest artistically to simply copy someone else's style, which I am guilty of doing in The Bloodstained Symphony.

Also, there will be plenty of pipe organ. ;)
Where can you download The Bloodstained Symphony, I would like to check it out...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
Where can you download The Bloodstained Symphony, I would like to check it out...

http://rapidshare.com/files/372764989/Castlevania_TheBloodstainedSypmhony.zip

That ya go. ^.^ Geoff, you might wanna include this link in your siggy. ^.^
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
kinda makes me think of batman lol

Tags:

anything