Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Seeking an old CV fan game from 8 years ago  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Pesmerga

• The Video Game Villainess Encyclopedia
    • Awards
Seeking an old CV fan game from 8 years ago
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
I remember shortly after Lament's release, someone made a small homebrew 2D game starring Pumpkin. I had downloaded it back then, and thought I'd fire it up again for kicks what with Halloween just around the corner, but I can't seem to locate it on my pc, nor remember the name of it. One of the most identifiable things about it was that the BGM was a remix of Aqua's "Halloween" song.

Is there anyone who can point me in the direction of the game?

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Seeking an old CV fan game from 8 years ago
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
I don't know that game but you can try looking here

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
I know what game you're talking about but I don't know what it's called. I remember reading about it. I keep wanting to say Pumpkin's Revenge, but nothing comes up in Google. (There IS a Pumpkin's Revenge but it's not the Pumpkin's Revenge you are looking for...) Also not finding anything on YouTube. Dunno what to say.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:34:36 PM »
Isn't that one of Thernz'sgames?  Like Iga Struts?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
well without even a partial name I found everything but the one you want lol
like a japanese fan game from 1999 not even Pumpkin in it and another one apparently abandoned called somethin' like Dimondsoft Castlevania.

I'll keep looking later if someone else doesn't find it first

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:12:58 PM »
Dimondsoft spelled like that?  That's Uzo's expertise, I believe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »
and another one apparently abandoned called somethin' like Dimondsoft Castlevania

It's a working title, in other words, a title used because we had not come up with an official title yet. We have now, but we're not ready to show all the new original content yet so the new title hasn't been released yet.

It looks like we've abandoned things but we're still working at it. New updates are closer than you may think. Things are slow because I am not easily satisfied with the project, and find myself going back and reconstructing parts of the game to meet my standards.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:21:02 PM by uzo »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
It looks like we've abandoned things but we're still working at it. New updates are closer than you may think. Things are slow because I am not easily satisfied with the project, and find myself going back and reconstructing parts of the game to meet my standards.

You're a perfectionist from the sounds of it. I'm like that with my projects too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: pumpkin