Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MGS 5  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: November 19, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
well it looks like it's coming and it's not mr mojo rising

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/88485/metal-gear-solid-5-confirmed/
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
If Mr. Kojima is smart, it'll be a prequel to MGS3.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »
Naw, watch it be some application where they mysterious reverse the aging effects for Snake and he is young again and a new threat takes place. Big Boss wasn't really dead as it was just simply another clone and in reality Outer Heaven goes back to its normal occupation and Big Boss screams: MWAHAHAH ITS NOT EVER YET SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~!

...wait.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:34:13 PM »
If Mr. Kojima is smart, it'll be a prequel to MGS3.

For what reason? How much further do they need to expand upon Big Boss's origins (if it'll be Naked Snake again)? And if not him, what other reason would there be to go further back in time?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
If Mr. Kojima is smart
We're talking about the guy who decided to make MGS4 Sony-exclusive in complete defiance to the current multiconsole market, and then whined about how people wouldn't stop asking him when the 360 port was coming out.

He's not very smart imo.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »
For what reason? How much further do they need to expand upon Big Boss's origins (if it'll be Naked Snake again)? And if not him, what other reason would there be to go further back in time?

actually, no Snake. The backstory of The Boss is WAAAAY more interesting in anything Snake.

We're talking about the guy who decided to make MGS4 Sony-exclusive in complete defiance to the current multiconsole market, and then whined about how people wouldn't stop asking him when the 360 port was coming out.

He's not very smart imo.

What, he makes it PS3 exclusive and wishes people to quit bothering him about a 360 version? I don't see your point in that being dumb....
The main problem with this Gen is that the Consoles are too alike, Anyone who makes exclusive games Period is smart.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
A whole lot of me wants to hope that a slim chance that it could be possibly be Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 but chances are that it's not possible I freaking hate my self if I just could have said what I wanted too on that day I met him........  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
A whole lot of me wants to hope that a slim chance that it could be possibly be Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 but chances are that it's not possible I freaking hate my self if I just could have said what I wanted too on that day I met him........  :(

I opt for that too, MG1+2 were too awesome

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:48:04 PM »
Oh Hideo.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 01:12:26 AM »
Ah, so Kojima decided to be a good boy and pump out another MGS for Konami?  ;D

I can't really see where he'll go with this. Doing another game based around Big Boss would just be beating a dead horse, there's really not any room left for another Solid Snake game (though I wish there were), and I'm not sure if a Raiden game would be able to carry the weight of the main series (and besides, Rising will already be there anyway).

Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be zany.  :o

...and I'll probably buy it eventually.  :-[
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »
If MGS5 features Solid Snake once more then what happened to MGS5: Rising that was supposed to feature Raiden? Were we mislead on purpose for all those years? I've got no real complaints as I'll go either way, though My favorite hero in the series is still Snake. and on that note I picked up the MGS PS3 HD collection today...sweet.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 01:19:03 AM »
MGS 5 is in fact a reboot of the series o.o;

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »
I'M A HUUUUUUGE MGS FAN! But I think rising would be VERY unfaithful to the series...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 03:03:03 AM »
Rising would Eventually Come out, since it's a non Kojima MGS game, konami Doesn't care about it at all.

MGS5 Better not have Snake whining and Ranting about war for half the game again.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »
Yeah, MGS5! That means no money for Castlevania!...

anything