Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Weird Red Ring of Death Story.  (Read 15826 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: Weird Red Ring of Death Story.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
Eh, I have all three and there's games on each system for me. For the games that are split between 360 and PS3 I tend to go with 360 (achievements) unless there's something outrageously different with the PS3 version.

*shrug* I just love games, I don't care where I get them.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
LOL, for the amount of money it costs to buy a PS3, I could get a PC that at least twice as powerful.

I agree the comp. I have now is way more powerful than a PS3. I custom built it and I only paid around 700 bones total for everything. They tried to make PS3 too much like a comp. but the only problem with that mentality is comps continue to get better while consoles stay the same until the next one comes out. The games seem to be all flash and no substance. And the ones that are good I can get for my 360 which are dirt cheap now, especially if you trade in stuff and go used for the HD compared to a PS3.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 03:59:14 AM »
In Reply To #29

Whatever, I made a topic awhile back when halo 3 was released, and all he did was post the same anti MS bullshit.

Still sore about that? Get over it. I'm sorry you cannot handle someone elses opinion.

The elite Xbox360 is $450, right? After buying Xbox live, and a game or what not, it comes out to roughly the same price as an 80gig PS3. I personally don't care about blu-ray. I think it's pidgeon shit, however for the price it's not a bad deal.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 06:27:03 AM »
My cousin got the RRoD about a month ago and decided to send his 360 to microsoft so they can fix it. He got it back yesturday and not even 3 hours later. He got the RRoD again! Also after going through 2 different 360's myself, I wont get another one...

Honestly, Im just going to stick with my ps3. Have had no problems with it at all. Plays games better from what I can tell. It isnt burning up after I can play it for 8 hours, unlike the 360's I had that could only go about 4 hours before it would be to hot to even bother playing anymore. Guess its everyones opinions on what they like best.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
In Reply To #33

Why do ppl always use this argument about prices? So you buy a system an online subscription and a game and your at the price of a different system... Wow takes a real genius to figure out where the deal is there. Does the PS3 come with a game? A good game? If not you still gotta buy atleast one game to get any real use out of it so there goes your entire theory with the price comparison.

Anyway nothin personal to your Rugal just ingeneral about ppl that use this defense about price points.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »
Actually, my PS3 came with Motor Storm. It's a pretty decent game I guess. I downloaded a bunch of demos, though. Time Shift is loads of fun. I have a hard time putting that one down. The Demos are free, btw. So, you can get a perfectly good use out of your system without actually buying a game.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:07:48 PM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »
Kay guys, let's not turn this into another console war.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 06:17:42 PM »
I just got a 360 elite...It just RRoD'd. CoD4 was freezing during game play so i turned off the system then turned it back on...then it happened. However, when i pressed the open button, it turned on. hopefully it does that again so i can back up  my oblivion data tomorrow...or im going to sell the game. (i refuse to do all that shit again) unless you keep the hard drive when you get it repaired.

Its well ventilated....but is it bad to keep it on the carpet?   

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
In Reply To #38

Uhhh... yeah. Really bad, actually. No matter how well ventilated it is, you should never put a console on carpet. Especially if you're turning the 360 upright. The console's biggest fan is on the bottom.

Not to mention, static electricity like whoa. Get that thing on a wooden board or a shelf or something.

Also, when you get your system repaired, keep your hard drive. It's not required for repairjobs. If you include your HDD, more than often the repairman will attribute the HDD to your problems and format your hard drive without your consent. Just keep it with you, don't send it with the system.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
In Reply To #39

Ahhh, the RRoD did happen to me after I put the system on my carpet.  In fact, it only happened minutes afterwards, lol.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: