Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Minecraft Thread  (Read 18001 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »
I use Pocket Dimensions for the Save Rooms and for the Warp Hallways.  Gives it a very Circle of the Moon look.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
You can share some photos from these rooms or we gonna have to wait and play? (In my case I maybe cant even join to see lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
+2
Umm... okay. :P
Now, I believe I already showed pics of the Villa earlier in this thread, and that hasn't really changed so no new pics.  Here are new pics of stuff:

1. I made a moat bridge that goes to the front entrance of the castle.  Kinda gives it a DraculaXX vibe:
(click to show/hide)

After that, you reach the Castle Wall, which is from CV64.  Although it's not a perfect replica, you still have to hit switches and climb the two gatehouse towers to open the portcullises:
(click to show/hide)

Once you make it past the Castle Wall, you reach the castle entrance.
Currently, this looks kind of like CV1, and kinda like Aria, since there are small areas around the courtyard where one can go and maybe I'll put a salesman there or something:

(click to show/hide)

Now for the entrance hall/main hall/ballroom section:
(click to show/hide)

Eventually one makes it to the Chapel, of which I used a CV1 - Stage 2 type of color:
(click to show/hide)

Afterwards, you make it to the Servants' Quarters/Inner Chambers:
(click to show/hide)

This is followed by the big bridge that takes you to the back areas of the castle:
(click to show/hide)

There are more stages but I don't have pictures of 'em, as I'm not too happy with what they look like yet.  But their buildings are already built.  Just a matter of laying out a path on their inside and decorating them, which I'm having problems with as I've not been feeling too creative lately.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
I always look forward to new screens of your castle, Jorge.

also, hot link on link action.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 07:29:40 AM »
Afterwards, you make it to the Servants' Quarters/Inner Chambers:
(click to show/hide)
also, hot link on link action.

...Inner Chambeers seems very fun right now eh? xD

Also, I really meant if you can show us this save and teleport rooms with the pocket portal thing. But these screens are amazing, it must have taken months to you do all this right?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »
Save Point looks like this:

You step on the button in the center to set your save point.
I may add an ender chest instead of a regular chest, so you can dump items in in order to recollect them should you die.
Save points will link together later on.

The south side of the castle (the back) looks like this:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:31:46 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »
Pretty cool, a ender chest can be better because this way its separate for every player.

I have one question. You choose to build Castlevania in a place with snow for a reason or its random?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:09 AM »
A few reasons:

-I chose the highest mountain somewhat-near the spawn point when the map generated.
-I wanted a Lords of Shadow feel as you try to approach the castle
-I wanted to have more wolves to fight in the vicinity.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »
I didnt know that wolves appeared more in snow biomes, also all the others reasons are insteresting. Im happy for making this question because now I know that its not just a coincidence but a very well thought thing. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
LOL there's a desert a few ways away from the castle.
If you ever log on, you'll start at the desert and you'll have to walk north to get to the southern part of the castle (but its entrance is really in the north).
Going northwest from the desert will take you to a plains area.

Yeah, I'd rather have Wolves than Sheep or Cows, plus the biome was more mountainous.  I wouldn't want Dracula's Castle in the desert, nor in the happy plains with cows randomly spawning (though Elephants sometimes spawn in the castle courtyards for some reason). 
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: