Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Creator of CV??  (Read 19558 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »

Interestingly, Metal Gear on MSX2 (07.07.1987), like Vampire Killer, has a Game Designer entry listing Hideo Kojima.  The NES version which came later (22.12.1987) has no such entry, nor even a Special Thanks to Kojima.

OK, lets never speak  of NES Metal Gear games again. Kojima had nothing to do with both those abominations. They came after the MSX versions and are terrible! God....Col. Cataffy..

On the plus side, thanks. This "Akihiro Nagata" may be the person I was curious to begin with so that may be the closest we get.

Also, this site http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/NewCV/cvlib-credits.htm
has the credits for all the games with "A. Nagata" as game designer and produced by.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 05:18:15 PM by profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
Re: The Creator of CV??
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »
Whoever made castlevania, i love him/her! they made the greatest game of my life!
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »

Also, this site http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/NewCV/cvlib-credits.htm
has the credits for all the games with "A. Nagata" as game designer and produced by.

How come Simon's Quest isn't on the list?
_______________________________________ ______________

Steve

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 05:07:20 AM »
At any rate, Nagata's input cannot be neglected and is perhaps considerable: Vampire Killer has much in conjunction with Symphony of the Night, such as the free room-by-room feel and item collecting/bartering elements.  Qualities which may have been done before (Metroid, Maze of Galious), but not in the context of Castlevania as we know it.

Nope.  Igarashi has stated in interviews that Symphony's Metroid-like elements were inspired by Metroid.

OK, lets never speak

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:57 AM »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 11:58:38 AM »
In Reply To #36

Oh, believe me, I know. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan....but still....there should be none of that
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 09:56:14 PM »
In Reply To #36

Oh, believe me, I know. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan....but still....there should be none of that

Yeah the nes metalgears were boring and I could never figure out what the hell to do in the nes original, at least you get hints and it's pretty straightforward where you have to go next and what your different objectives are in the MSX ones.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »
The MSX was my first personal computer, but I couldn't afford an MSX2 so I sadly missed Metal Gear (and Vampire Killer) back then.  I was annoyed about missing them too, but there was nothing I could do.

Thus the NES version was the first Metal Gear I played, and I must profess I enjoyed it (!).

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 10:49:53 PM »
Wikipedia turned up nothing as far as A creator, but it did have the music composer: Kinuyo Yamashita

It's most likely that Konami based the game (very loosely) on Bram Stoker's book, hence Konami could not actually claim creative credit for the story. So it has no creator.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Steve

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »
The game has nothing to do with Bram Stoker's book.  If anything, it's a pastiche of Universal's old monster movies.

And even if it were an adaptation, that never precludes the makers of said adaptation from being properly credited for their work.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 04:22:27 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't Konami's own lil' bunch o' musicians called the "Konami Kukeiha Club?" ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Steve

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 04:06:46 PM »
In Reply To #43

Konami Kukeiha Club is their collective name, yes, but it's not like the entirety worked on every single title.  Each game still has one to several individual composers who deserve their own credit.  Saying a soundtrack was handled by "Konami Kukeiha Club" (which is done all the time on the Internet) is just a cop-out.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »
I've just fired off an e-mail to Kinuyo Yamashita asking her for her input.  She's still very much involved in music, and appears to be working as a consultant music producer/composer:

http://yamako.ciao.jp/html/about.html

Offline Azrael_End

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »
Actully Bram Stoker and the bible should receve the credit...Bram Stoker help start "Dracula" by wrighting his book influenceing several movies and games. Also several mosnters in Castlevania are from biblical refrence such as beaslbub and legion. But the only problem is there is a very small percetage of christains in Japan so it must have been a american born person or even europian.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »
Actully Bram Stoker and the bible should receve the credit...Bram Stoker help start "Dracula" by wrighting his book influenceing several movies and games. Also several mosnters in Castlevania are from biblical refrence such as beaslbub and legion. But the only problem is there is a very small percetage of christains in Japan so it must have been a american born person or even europian.

no it was created in Japan so I'm sure the creator was Japanese. It pays tribute to all the universal monsters (wolfman and creature of the black lagoon aside). Judging from the credits the first one may have actually been teasing them as well.

Tags:

anything