Symphony
15 (65.2%)
Genya Alucardo
2 (8.7%)
Judgment
0 (0%)
Captain N
0 (0%)
Dracula's Curse Animated Movie (cancelled)
0 (0%)
Pachislot
1 (4.3%)
Mirror of Fate
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Alucard  (Read 10159 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »
Alucard has received various makeovers over the years. which do you think best suits him?

Kid Dracula doesn't count
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:19:28 AM by crisis »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:32:07 AM »
+1
Appearance-wise, I'm a sucker (heh) for the CV3 style. Maybe it was "Lugosey", but during these times, especially, a classic style vampire is actually a bold move. Drac has done the Lugosi style even after SotN when his "lonhaired aristocrat" mode kicked in, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Alucard. Enough with the flowing blond hair, I say. He's not supposed to be a romance novel character. Just for the sake of change, make him look like the son of the most powerful vampire again. Drac has never looked androgynous, so why should Al? Maybe it's a Japanese thing? I don't know. They do seem to love pale, blonde and pretty men as the good guys.

Who knows, maybe I would have preferred his personality in CV3. I can't tell since he only got about three dialogues. As it stands, he was at his best in SotN; a stalwart, straightforward hero. That's cool, but it has started to get pretty one-note when that seems to be the only thing he does. I mean, surely he doesn't live just to keep killing his dad. He did - assumably -knock up Maria, after all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:35:14 AM by A-Yty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:45:01 AM »
As much as I liked his SotN look I'm still of the opinion that his old-school style is something not to be forgotten. It is a Japanese thing to have pretty boy heroes, but Alucard was the first of the series to have that look about him so he's the only one who can get away with it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Favorite Alucard
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »
+2
I like both the SotN version as well as the Pachislot versions. They are actually the same version. It's just the picture for the SotN version is an illustration and the picture for the Pachislot version seems to be an in game screenshot. In my opinion, the Pachislot is how he should look in a 3D environment and is likely how he would have looked if the sequel for SotN was made (still could happen after the LoS trilogy is done).
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »
+1
I would vote in SOTN and Pachislot since the two are the same, but since its not possible I voted in SOTN. Crisis, why you dont merge these 2?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:16 PM »
+1
Voted for SOTN, but would choose SOTN and Pachislot over all the others.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »
+1
I also voted for Symphony. I just love that version too much.

Well, i think his makeover is a Japanese thing, after all, the game was never intended to leave Japan.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
+1
Oh really? What sparked the decision to port it to the U.S.?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
+1
His Genya Arikado design is my favorite.  The only thing that would make it better would be sexy glasses.   :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 05:35:38 AM »
+1
*Waits for someone to vote Captain N just to be a smartass.*

Well I think I have to go with SOTN/Pachislot if only because SOTN one of the best games of all time and when I think of Alucard that's always the way I visualize him. (Unless it's the Alucard from Hellsing :P). Goodness knows I'm a sucker for the Bela Lugosi/Christopher Lee version of vampires but Alucard is such a strong character I think he deserves to be more distinct and unique than that, even if they did retroactively make him more generic with Leon/Juste.

He did - assumably -knock up Maria, after all.

And don't forget about Sonia. (I'm still convinced that was the original intention even if it got changed before the manual was written up.)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
+3
Yesterday I didn't have time at all but I found the minute to vote for Alucard.
The fangirl in me can't be quiet  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:40:32 AM »
+3
Yesterday I didn't have time at all but I found the minute to vote for Alucard.
The fangirl in me can't be quiet  :P

Teeheehee~ hiya fellow fangirl~! ♥

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »
+1
The way he is drawn in the CVIII manual is really cool I must admit, but I have to pick Symphony over all. It's just too dark-elegant to turn down, which matches his personality very well.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 09:55:52 AM »
+2
I'm a sucker for those bishounen (Pfil, Shiroi, fangirls unite! High five! *holds up hands*), so SOTN all the way.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
+3
Teeheehee~ hiya fellow fangirl~! ♥
Hi! ♥
I'm a sucker for those bishounen (Pfil, Shiroi, fangirls unite! High five! *holds up hands*), so SOTN all the way.
Yay! ♥
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: