Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami Broadcasting (Ustream)  (Read 10744 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
I hope so...

I know it won't be MS, I just wish the new team doesn't follow anything of what MS did.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 05:34:19 AM »
+1
So I was finally able to watch their 4th broadcast.

The topic of the day was "Konami Kukeiha Club"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Kukeiha_Club --> for those who don't know who they are.

The things I got from listening was the focus of the sound team was on an easy to remember melody and they used actual instruments in some of their compositions. Also, they experienced strict quality checks, wherein if their composition did not get the approval, they don't get to go home!

There is a live concert portion at the end of the broadcast somewhere on the 44 minute mark. That is a performance from Motoaki Furukawa, the composer for Gradius 2 and A-JAX.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing these news, there is some "viewable" and at same time "understandable" material for non-japanese speakers?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing these news, there is some "viewable" and at same time "understandable" material for non-japanese speakers?

Uhm... the show is certainly not friendly to non-Japanese speakers.
Though you can view the show and just wait for the bgm of several games to start, or view a playthrough of a stage in famicom game, but those things are few and far between the dialogues of the MC and the guests.

Anyway, the next broadcast is on August 19. And they don't have a theme for the upcoming show yet... I wonder....

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
To those who'd like to learn japanese, something to encourage them to do it.
If you watched a HUGE ammount of anime in your life, you start to understand some things in japanese without even trying. That's how I started, and then it was so much easier when I started studying it. It's not as difficult as many people think. Once you learn hiraganas and katakanas, the gramatical forms and kanjis are dinamic to learn, and with 2.000 kanji you can start to understand a big part of it. If you speak english, you have a big part of katakana words almost already learned.
And listening is even easier than reading, especially if you live in a country with a latin language (italian, spanish, french, portuguese, I don't know about greek).
But people with a little time should give it a try. I'm on 3rd year and I already understand lots of things.
Besides, it's way funnier to learn than other languages, which are more boring.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »
Well, i tried to learn Japanese a few years ago, by going to a teaching school, but it wasn't as good as i was expecting it to be and also it was to expensive, so after the first year, i gave up and now i have forgotten 80% of what i have learned.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 03:03:17 AM »
+1
To those who'd like to learn japanese, something to encourage them to do it.
If you watched a HUGE ammount of anime in your life, you start to understand some things in japanese without even trying. That's how I started, and then it was so much easier when I started studying it. It's not as difficult as many people think. Once you learn hiraganas and katakanas, the gramatical forms and kanjis are dinamic to learn, and with 2.000 kanji you can start to understand a big part of it. If you speak english, you have a big part of katakana words almost already learned.
And listening is even easier than reading, especially if you live in a country with a latin language (italian, spanish, french, portuguese, I don't know about greek).
But people with a little time should give it a try. I'm on 3rd year and I already understand lots of things.
Besides, it's way funnier to learn than other languages, which are more boring.

This show is really not that much of an encouragement material for learning Japanese, in my opinion. I believe anime or video games are better encouragement material.

Yes, you can pick up some common Japanese words here and there, however, it might frustrate some people if they don't get to understand everything or at least a big chunk of the discussion.

Based on my experience, Japanese is really easy to learn at first. Then it hits you with massive frustration once you go higher.
Then when you are not practicing it, everything vanishes faster than it took you to learn them.  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »
Well, i tried to learn Japanese a few years ago, by going to a teaching school, but it wasn't as good as i was expecting it to be and also it was to expensive, so after the first year, i gave up and now i have forgotten 80% of what i have learned.
Yes, since it's so different from our languages, it tends to be forgotten if you are not in contact with the language every day. That's why you must constantly watch anime (well, amongst other more important things  :P).

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »
Based on my experience, Japanese is really easy to learn at first. Then it hits you with massive frustration once you go higher.
Then when you are not practicing it, everything vanishes faster than it took you to learn them.  :P
I'm at that point of frustration, I'm currently preparing myself for the N3 exam I will be taking this december.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:22 AM »
I'm at that point of frustration, I'm currently preparing myself for the N3 exam I will be taking this december.

がんばって!

Ah yes, N3, the point where frustration starts hitting you.
N2 = Clock tower stage.
N1 = Clock tower stage with blindfolds! Ahahahahaha~!  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 06:13:49 AM »
I'm planning on studying it next year in university. I wonder how tough that is going to be?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
It depends on how intensive the lessons are.
When I studied it in my undergrad years, it was easy since the pacing was slow. It was good enough for N5 or N4.
It was only when I got into the exchange student program to Japan that I felt the difficulty of the language.

Here's how the levels stack with one another:
http://www.jlpt.jp/e/about/levelsummary.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:55:03 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:03 PM »
がんばって!

Ah yes, N3, the point where frustration starts hitting you.
N2 = Clock tower stage.
N1 = Clock tower stage with blindfolds! Ahahahahaha~!  :P
どもありがとう!

My teacher have been studying for 15 years and still can't pass N1 exam!

I'm planning on studying it next year in university. I wonder how tough that is going to be?
From my experience, at first it will be easy, and when it starts getting hard you will be already hooked with the language, and half-way through, so you won't quit.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
+1
I watched episode 5 today.

There was some random talk about summer then they played the entire time.

Draw the topic:
1. Draw Goemon
2. Usain Bolt's winning pose
User comments on their drawing

Batsu-game:
Takoyaki Russian Roulette (some takoyaki are filled with ginger)

Game Battle:
Ganbare Goemon (Super Famicom)

Batsu-game:
Eat the shaved ice (with strawberry syrup and sour furikake) really fast
But it was delicious so it was not a batsu-game.

Announcements:
Mori Icchou's lunch radio show (Kona Yuru Live) Ep. 1 will feature game music from Gradius and clips from Bemani live

tl;dr => There is nothing new to get from this episode, unless you like to see the presenters in yukatas.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »
You should have explained that Batsu-Game is like a punishment when you lose a game. I know that because of Higurashi but someone here might not know :P

Also... this is still airing? o.O
Until when they will do that, its very good to be truth.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything