Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A blessing or a curse?  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: November 09, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »
Whilst browsing ebay one day (picked up a copy of castlevania 4 to celebrate childhood memories! ;D) I stumbled on something I had seen once before, but never really payed much attention to....until now. The castlevania 2 tiger handheld game. Seeing this immedeatley semt memories of playing with these little gadgets as a kid, simply because it was all my parents could afford for a game (or system) like that at the time. Well, after seeing how bad the reviews were abd hearing it was simply junk, i still thought about it. It might be a cheap peice of plastic with some campy and dorky cartoon of dracula and simon, butit was STILL a piece of castlevania history. So..I forked over 30 bucks, and received it in the mail today. Now I have yet to find another one in this good of shape or one at all . My question is. Is tgis little cheap plastic lcd game now rare?
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
Yeah I do believe the LCD games (there's one for SOTN to) are fairly uncommon these days.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:54 PM »
I have both! I love those old games.

The beeps and goofy graphics make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I think I'll bust them out tonight and play them now that you have me thinking about them again! :)
The worst monsters are human.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
It's very frequently sold on ebay, so it's not too rare. I don't know if I've ever seen a time that it wasn't on there. The Sotn handheld used to be the same way, but I'm seeing it less often now.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:00:01 AM »
Collectors must have snagged them up and no one wants to part with it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 02:28:31 AM »
Finding these with the box (not necessarily mint) is pretty difficult, I think.   

Tags: